• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Has a team ever been more over-scheduled?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, jchem1995 said:

Just a bit to add to this, football doesn’t get a bye until the last weekend in October. So, 8 n 0 here we go.

Since they are asking us to pledge money per win, I am wondering if they are going to pledge me money per loss to cover my adult beverages cost. In reality I floated this idea to Brad before for group  on the forum to donate x amount per win. I see nothing wrong with it.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,465
  • Days Won:  19

On 2/24/2023 at 9:07 PM, Dave_Glaser said:

Softball shut out by #5 Clemson last night and #9 Tennessee tonight. Whoever put together their non-conference schedule was not realistic about his team’s potential.  🙂
Michigan, BC, UF, Duke, Texas A&M, Virginia Tech, Miss. State, etc. - all top 25 caliber. Scored 12 total runs in those nine games. Scheduling a couple is fine, but time to stick mostly to the Stetsons and FGCUs.

Ken (and Jose) schedule like this every year. 

Ken has the benefit of cold weather forcing northern teams south, and we got all the top teams in the country here (meaning Tampa or Clearwater). 

Softball lives and dies with incredible pitching (Nevins, Triner, and Corrick to name a few), if we have the next one in that line on our roster currently, only time will tell, but so far no one is pitching at that level. They will be fine in the long run, and may even be good this season. 

Softball, Women's Soccer, and Women's Basketball are the sports I don't worry about as long as we have our current coaches. Even in a down year, I know that won't last long. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

On 2/25/2023 at 5:09 PM, Bullcocky said:

Gotta compete with and beat those schools.

so true

who wants to play florida gulf coast, what conference are they in?

we should put together tough schedules for all our programs if we truly want to compete on the highest level

the fan base and the administration needs to have an honest discussion

do we want to have similar athletic program to florida or florida gulf coast ?