• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How You Are Hurting My Beloved Alma Mater

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

WVEI,

I agree 100%  and am not questioning anyone's alleigance to the team.  I find the site comical.  I just think having a website out there getting negative press is a bigger negative than positive for the program.  If you want the coach gone, (as I am sure almost everyone is in agreement on this)  lets organize something a little less public but direct to the intended audience.  The very people who could make such decisions.  Why risk it?  

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

Well said West Va Eats It. The site isn't that big a deal. We can name handfulls of schools that post similar sites and continue to recruit bluechippers. With growing popularity and support, the Bulls will also experience growing criticism when things go bad. It's all part of growing into a big time program.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158

And, for what it's worth, I've heard the site was mentioned in the SP Times in passing, on Channel 8 in passing (almost as a joke about how outraged fans were), and, apparently, on Bay News 9.

I can't see how three passing mentions constitue the barrage of negative publicity that people are making this out to be.  To the contrary, it shows that USF has a fan base that gives a crap and wants, deserves, and EXPECTS to win week in and week out.

If someone here can convince me that this site is contributing to the downfall of USF Football as we know it, I'll gladly remove it.  

If someone here can convince me that this site is contributing to the downfall of USF Football as we know it, I'll gladly remove it.  

I never said that.  I am saying why take the chance that it could.  Contrary to popular opinion we are still not bigtime.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401

Mr. Eat It,

If it is time for change, Jim Leavitt does not need you to point it out to him. He is a pretty capable guy and knowledgable about football. If I were a football coach I would be damned. Further, if I was a football coach, I would not want fans to think they have control of my program, so if anything you are probably helping Smith out. And remember, this is a guy who called a perfect game against Louisville that brought us our biggest win to date.

Why the picture of Rod Smith with the "Stupid is as Stupid does"? Are you in 5th grade? You just said you would support our coaches and players- so what's that? It makes us and you look bad.

Intelligent, and well-reasoned criticism if acceptable to me. But there is nothing productive, and definetly not altruistic, about your efforts. You and I have different values. I feel you could be doing a lot better things with your time. Frankly, you eat it.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I can't see how ANY of you think Rod Smith is competent enough to continue calling plays for this University when we've seen scoring chance after scoring chance flushed down the toilet because Smith feels the need to revert to trickery instead of utilizing the true strengths of this football team.

I need a refresher here, seriously. Outside of the abortion on the goal line Saturday, what are these numerous other scoring chances that were flushed down the toilet this year because of play calling, not execution?

I'm really not averse to getting new blood in there but most of the  :-X's ******** about Smith also ***** about PJ .....

I guess we need to run an offense that is predicated on balls thrown too high or too low, one that can somehow take advantage of dropped balls by the wr's. We could be a trend setter in college football if we figure out how to make this work ....

• Topic Count:  1,148
  • Content Count:  6,502

I am just glad we finally have footbal at USF.   Wish it was there when I attended.

Win Lose or Draw I will support USF and scream my head off for a victory.  But **** fellas we can't win them all.  We are young and learning we will get there....believe me we will get there.

Mr. Eat It,

And Frankly, you eat it.

His heart is in the right place.  His methods I question.   No need to get personal.  Smith is horrible.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158

Mr. Eat It,

Are you in 5th grade?

No.

Frankly, you eat it.

Are you?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  148

Amen!!  Too question the offensive play calling and consider a potentially new offensive coordinator is not bashing the coaching staff and trashing the program.  The only reason to even go out on that limb is for the love of the program and the desire to see it become the best it can be.  The best way of putting this is, I don't think anyone is asking for an Urban Meyer type to come in with a wide spread and change everything, but our team needs to be more than one dimensional with the occasional trickeration play when have 3rd and long.  As much as this hurts, execution also factors into this as well.  So Smith calls the wrong plays in, if they are executed properly, let's say 50% of the time, we don't question it, we get the 1st down or TD, but c'mon, you can't say you agree w/ the "hurry up" to the goal line and snap the ball with a center at guard and a replacement center.  The game was ours, we had the power people in, you call a TO, talk about it and then you are in 2 down territry.  As a result of this, we have to bite our nails for the next three days and keep an eye on two games at the same time to get back what was ours.