• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF WBB Picked First in AAC Preseason Poll

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

2 hours ago, Bullumni said:

With the state of all current USF athletic teams WBB is the bright spot for the year so far.  I don't think there have to be any illusions about this team.  They will make a lot of national noise.

We'll know by the end of November.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/15/2022 at 9:15 AM, CousinRicky said:

Which was very strange because Coach Abe wasn't that way at all according to our coach.  They were her recruits I believe so something is off.

I remember watching their last game (that they lost). Instead of doing the lineup after the game, the UCF team ran straight into the locker room.  An example of bad sportsmanship IMO, which reflects poorly on the players, the coach, and the program.

I will give Coach Abe credit for rebuilding that program. Her ability to develop local players was impressive. Diamond Battles, the conference player of the year, played her high school ball at Winter Haven High, 49 miles away from the Yuengling Center. While I can understand why CJF didn’t want Battles (wasn’t impressed with her demeanor on the court) I wish that CJF would look at more local talent. Could help expand the fan base. That being said, we’re reloading and they are rebuilding, so kudos  to CJF for building a solid, stable program.

After yesterday’s football game, I’m looking forward even more to WBB season starting.

Go Bulls

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

54 minutes ago, St.PeteSlim89 said:

I remember watching their last game (that they lost). Instead of doing the lineup after the game, the UCF team ran straight into the locker room.  An example of bad sportsmanship IMO, which reflects poorly on the players, the coach, and the program.

I will give Coach Abe credit for rebuilding that program. Her ability to develop local players was impressive. Diamond Battles, the conference player of the year, played her high school ball at Winter Haven High, 49 miles away from the Yuengling Center. While I can understand why CJF didn’t want Battles (wasn’t impressed with her demeanor on the court) I wish that CJF would look at more local talent. Could help expand the fan base. That being said, we’re reloading and they are rebuilding, so kudos  to CJF for building a solid, stable program.

After yesterday’s football game, I’m looking forward even more to WBB season starting.

Go Bulls

Don't know how much it would help the fan base other than some family members. But the WBB fans are the most loyal. Of course it is easy to be loyal because they win consistently.

I agree about C's behavior but know CJF thought highly of Abe which is the confusing part.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't know how much it would help the fan base other than some family members. But the WBB fans are the most loyal. Of course it is easy to be loyal because they win consistently.

I agree about C's behavior but know CJF thought highly of Abe which is the confusing part.

You’re thinking the same way I am. My thought that having more local players would bring more family/friends, who would then develop an interest in USF WBB.

There is some local talent. I know that Bartow and Haines City High have sent players to D1 programs, so it would be nice IMO if we could get a local player or two.  Would really be awesome if CJF were to get a kid from my alma mater, Northeast High.

Agree with you about loyalty. I’ve heard some folks in the Hardwood Club get salty real quick when things aren’t going well with WBB.

it will be interesting to see how Coach Abe does at Georgia, as she’s a good coach. Based on Heupel’s performance at Tennessee, I’d say that Danny White does a good job selecting coaches.

Go Bulls