• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

One Mad Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I just wrote the email below to the St. Pete Times.  Here is there email address please get behind me on this and storm them with emails.  (sptsnews@sptimes.com)  >:(

To Whom this concerns:

I thought the St. Pete Times paper was the official paper for the USF Bulls!!!  I am outraged to put it mildly at the lack of coverage on the morning of one of the most important games the USF team has to face.  Here is a team that has only been in existence 10yr on 12/3 and has climbed their way to possibly a chance at the BCS!!!  What a story and low and behold I get a complimentary paper in my driveway this morning and what smacks me in the face is GATORS – NOLES!!!!!!!!!!!    

Last week on WDAE’s radio after the game talk show they discussed about the lack of attendance at the games.  Many callers said the fans are out there but when you see the hometown media not even giving credence to the hometown team that sends a definite message.  Ã¢â‚¬Å“It’s not importantâ€Â!  Well the media was defended but it was clarified that the papers were more the problem than the radio.  Now I have proof sitting in front of me.  Your paper doesn’t even give a rip what happens today.  The majority of the blessed sport section is “Gators vs. Nolesâ€Â.  Give us equal coverage!!!!!  After all we are the hometown team.  We got 2 little paragraphs!

Let me ask you a question?  How would the Buc fans like it if the paper splashed articles about other NFL rivals and gave little to nothing regarding the hometown team?  You know there would be some squaking.  Well  now I know for sure that the statement that you are the teams paper is downright BULL!   Somebody on your Sports staff better wake up and smell the coffee.  This is certainly no way to sell subscriptions!  You certainly will not get mine!

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

The more exclamation points you use, the more likely they are to take you seriously.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

STAMPEDING !!!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

They're probably still doing articles on Madonna, scrubboards, girdles and horse buggies.  Get to get with the program folks.  Gators and Noles is just sooooooo old....

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274

So I was at work when the game started but I had to run an errand so I was in my car and had on 970 WFLA and heard a commercial for them and how they are the newspaper of the BULLS...what a bunch of Bull this weekend...I've emailed Tampa Trib about how we are listed below Gators and 'Noles on their webpage...its all stupid. :-/

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

And here is their reply.  On my original email I questioned their lack of game day coverage, never did I say the interest for the USF/UConn game was greater than that for the FSU/UF game.  

Thanks for your note, and I'm sorry you're disappointed, but if you're contending that interest in USF-UConn is greater than that in Florida-Florida State I think the television ratings today will be a surprise to you. As you point out, over the course of the season, the most interesting stories about USF have been in the Times, from Andre Hall's affinity for chess to Ronnie McKeefery's adoption of youths from the Ukraine to this week when we wrote about the two coaches who have molded the Bulls' defense. We did feature Florida-Florida State today, but there have been several Saturdays, including last week, when we featured USF. I hope you'll keep reading.

Thanks for your interest,

Mike Stephenson

Assistant sports editor

STAMPEDE the local press and let them know this IS BULL Nation !!!

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Wait a minute....isnt the NEWS paper supposed to be about NEWS and not "interest"?

They're suppose to cover the teams ... INCLUDING the local team that they are the official paper of.

AND they are suppose to print what the reader wants ... if the reader doesn't see what they want, they NEED to STRAMPEDE and let them know they are not a satisfied customer.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Please email this guy, he is driving me insane with his multiple replies.  He doesn't understand that this is an example of the "Self-fulfill prophecy."  You think USF is really not newsworthy compared to FSU-UF so you don't cover them on gameday. People see the lack of coverage of the Bulls then they agree that they are not worthy thus the notion becomes a reality.  I was going to email him that in a more educated way but I'm done arguing with the guy.