• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

In sniffing distance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

The St. Pete Times finally gets a Bulls article as the lead article in their college sports section of the Sunday paper.

In sniffing distance

By GREG AUMAN, Times Staff Writer

Published November 20, 2005

TAMPA - As the final seconds ticked away, USF coach Jim Leavitt bolted from his sideline in a full sprint to midfield, trying his best to dodge the celebration - as in the icy cooler his players chased him with - and the ramifications that followed his Bulls' 31-16 win against Cincinnati on Saturday.

"We're bowl eligible, but it doesn't mean we're going to a bowl game," the intensely focused one-game-at-a-time coach said. "We've got six wins."

But like Leavitt's white polo shirt stained light blue from the gallons of sports drink dumped on his head, this was a win that will leave its mark on the Bulls.

"It's just the start," said running back Andre Hall, who rushed for 100 yards and a touchdown. "We're not here just for a bowl game. We want the championship, not just a bowl game, but to play for a championship. But to play at home, to get bowl eligible at the house, it's pretty big."

rest of the article

The Bulls are relishing their role as potential Cinderellas, touted last week in an ESPN.com column as "the skunks in the BCS garden." Jackson, whose wild touchdown came after he fumbled in the backfield, then weaved through the Bearcats defense, showed up for postgame interviews with a black-and-white skunk cap, complete with tail and a USF logo on the front.

;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Jackson, whose wild touchdown came after he fumbled in the backfield, then weaved through the Bearcats defense, showed up for postgame interviews with a black-and-white skunk cap, complete with tail and a USF logo on the front.

LOL - That's AWESOME !!!

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

LOL - That's AWESOME !!!

There's a small pic in the paper, but I couldn't find it online. It was referenced WTSP-Ch. 10, so it must have been from the post game interviews. I want to know where to buy one!

On an older thread, there was one from somewhere, I bought one, but just not with our logo, but that can just be stitched on.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013

The St. Pete Times finally gets a Bulls article as the lead article in their college sports section of the Sunday paper.

Sarasota's Herald Tribune also had us as the lead article.  I was very happy to see that until I realized it's because FSU and UF are idle.  What a shame!

But hopefully it will get some fans on the fence up to RayJay for December 3rd . . . a win this weekend, we'll own the press in FL with a potential BCS game.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I know I am worried because of the quick success of USF. UCONN is going to be very tough. But you know what??? USF should get that first ever bowl invite if ND beats Stanford and WVU beats PITT.  To me,  I am really proud of this USF team this season. Going to a bowl game is really remarkable this season because of how we looked last year. Leavitt and the staff get major props for turning this program back into high gear after a couple of speed bumps the last two years.