• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What will they show during the fall? On a Saturday? Double Dutch competitions?

I think they've been showing 1AA and Ivy League games

And they might get better ratings for a fraction of the cost.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  820
  • Days Won:  0

IF FSU to B12 happens FSU gets full share day 1 and TCU and WVU goes full share. UT does not like this and feels FSU should pay their way in but would lose that vote.

If its USF/UCF they go prorated and TCU and WVU stays prorated.

Also Big 12 has money to gift a FSU and UM to leave ACC (supposedly around $60 mil available )

The Big 12 is giving away $60 million ($6 million per member) away without it being paid back?

I agree USF would not be added at a net loss. But, the Big 12's members accepting a net loss for other schools?

From my understanding the $60 mil is money that has been set aside for future expansion, mainly from Mizzou and A&M buyout and WVU's and TCU's prorated fees.  Therefore no net loss for other schools, kinda like payout from Big East to USF, Cincy UConn.

I also wonder if FSU is to always consider climbing for another conference until it gets into the SEC or at least Big 10. Maybe a strong and fully stabilized ACC would satisfy Florida State University.

If so, would FSU want to lock itself up in the Big 12 through the Grant of Rights when it might be otherwise pursued by the SEC and Big 10 in just two or three years after joining the Big 12?

Again per USF rumor thread FSU's preferences are 1. B1G (This is the prized conference) 2. SEC (The prized football conference) 3. A Stabilized ACC with ND (indy or full) with a future chance at a Texas (indy or full as 16) 4. Big 12 (Assumes ACC blowup)

Miami & I believe Clemson only has these options and in order 1. Stabiliized ACC 2. Big 12 (Though Clemson wants SEC)

SEC and B1G models are for people paying cable companies to watch that network, SEC issue with Clem and FSU is the cable companies in Fla and SC will already be paying for the SEC channel, with UF and USCe.  Yes even in Tampa as USF fans you are going to have to pay ~$1 month to have the SEC channel on Brighthouse networks because there is enough UF fans to demand it.

B1G wants Florida and FSU is its goal, but honestly with Graduate research USF is better suited and would get AAU status sooner, imo.

Edited by jvwvu

I do know NBC guys who follow message boards.

No wonder NBC has become the worst network.

20M per year for a conference when you have 0 programming and your competitor has a chance to match is absurd.

Might as well give your girl a $100 engagement ring.

Come strong, or don't come at all.

They were willing to give probably another $40 mil a year more but wanted a GOR, they did not want Cincy, UConn or USF to leave and be stuck with no former BE teams.  They knew/know what they were doing because they expect more realignment and in 2-3 years they can use that money to give ND more to gaurantee they stay on NBC and now not be stuck with ConfUSA 2.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

IF FSU to B12 happens FSU gets full share day 1 and TCU and WVU goes full share. UT does not like this and feels FSU should pay their way in but would lose that vote.

If its USF/UCF they go prorated and TCU and WVU stays prorated.

Also Big 12 has money to gift a FSU and UM to leave ACC (supposedly around $60 mil available )

The Big 12 is giving away $60 million ($6 million per member) away without it being paid back?

I agree USF would not be added at a net loss. But, the Big 12's members accepting a net loss for other schools?

From my understanding the $60 mil is money that has been set aside for future expansion, mainly from Mizzou and A&M buyout and WVU's and TCU's prorated fees. Therefore no net loss for other schools, kinda like payout from Big East to USF, Cincy UConn.

But it is in the Big 12's possession, right?

Correct

but currently is not being paid out to the Big 12 members, more like a rainy day fund.  So you could assume if USF/UCF would come aboard then the 10 teams would divy up the $60 mil next year prior to USF/UCF add, (with WVU TCU prorated rate)

but there is also option of helping to buyout a FSU and Miami and see if Fox would pay $30 mil a year for Tier 1 and Tier 2 versuses say $26 mil with a USF/UCF that expanding would need (why the $26 mil broken down in USF rumor thread)

Also if USF/UCF got invited I dont see any "gift or loan" money coming from Big 12 as it would happen prior to June 30, 2013 for the 2014 season. 

WVU got help because Big 12 was in a bind and needed 1 after they took TCU (Wish Big 12 would have taken UL and WVU at once but TCU replaced A&M then WVU replaced Mizzou)

I would expect USF/UCF would have to pay the $10 mil and buyout only ~15 months of 27 months and that would mean probably $12.5 mil total from precedents seen below

WVU paid $5 mil buyout and then negotiated the total 27 months (2 seasons) for ~16 mil. = 21

Pitt and Cuse paid $5 mil buyout and negotiated the ~15 months (1 season) for ~2.5 = 7.5

UL will pay $10 mil buyout and will negotiated the ~15 months (1 season) for ~2.5 = $12.5

It will be interesting to see what ND pays since they have $0 buyout but have to negotiate the 27 months.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  436

Correct

but currently is not being paid out to the Big 12 members, more like a rainy day fund. So you could assume if USF/UCF would come aboard then the 10 teams would divy up the $60 mil next year prior to USF/UCF add, (with WVU TCU prorated rate)

but there is also option of helping to buyout a FSU and Miami and see if Fox would pay $30 mil a year for Tier 1 and Tier 2 versuses say $26 mil with a USF/UCF that expanding would need (why the $26 mil broken down in USF rumor thread)

So, FSU and Miami would not have to pay the Big 12 back for the $60 million?

Edited by Florida Bull

Correct

but currently is not being paid out to the Big 12 members, more like a rainy day fund. So you could assume if USF/UCF would come aboard then the 10 teams would divy up the $60 mil next year prior to USF/UCF add, (with WVU TCU prorated rate)

So, FSU and Miami would not have to pay the Big 12 back for the $60 million?

I would say if the ACC buyout becomes $25 mil for Maryland (which most think thats around the number) Then FSU and Miami get gifted $12.5 mil (and not have to pay back) a piece and has to pay $12.5 mil a piece.  Leaving $35 mil in the coffers for future expansion.

Future money would help out others in Big 12 going to 14 or 16 if ACC blows up, 14 with FSU, Miami, Clemson and UL with possibly 15 & 16 as BYU/Boise or Pitt/Cuse. 

The best option longterm wise imo for USF is if FSU takes a B1G bid by end of June and Miami then jumps.  That would start the moves and USF should be the second team from FLA.

Edited by jvwvu

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  2

I also wonder if FSU is to always consider climbing for another conference until it gets into the SEC or at least Big 10. Maybe a strong and fully stabilized ACC would satisfy Florida State University.

If so, would FSU want to lock itself up in the Big 12 through the Grant of Rights when it might be otherwise pursued by the SEC and Big 10 in just two or three years after joining the Big 12?

Again per USF rumor thread FSU's preferences are 1. B1G (This is the prized conference) 2. SEC (The prized football conference) 3. A Stabilized ACC with ND (indy or full) with a future chance at a Texas (indy or full as 16) 4. Big 12 (Assumes ACC blowup)

Miami & I believe Clemson only has these options and in order 1. Stabiliized ACC 2. Big 12 (Though Clemson wants SEC)

FSU might "prefer" the B1G or SEC to the Big 12, but those conferences do not want them.