• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MY 2 Cents on USF athletics and the com. complaint

Guest tom

Guest Bull_94

I was skimming thru your blah blah blah when I saw my name.  

I don't believe I know you but I couldn't be sure because you either:

a)Don't care enough about USF to even register.

or

b)Don't have the sac to register.

Probably both.  Anyhow I digress.

Since you know so much about me please tell me how much I  DO donate to our various causes.   Since I obviously don't give anything please tell me how much you yourself donate so i have someone to pattern myself after.  Also, please enlighten everyone as to how far I've travelled/how much of my hard-earned $$ I've spent following USF athletics.

Since you're into making assumptions about such things, I'm gonna make an assumption myself:  You won't respond with any specific answers to the above.  Punk b!tch.

Actually I am registered just not logged in. You made the wisecrack about RMC the other day on my post to Sheriff. I defended our current bball coach from every asinine arguement you had about how lousy he was last year.

I donate $2 k a year to Athletics and have season tickets for both basketball and football. It works out to about $83 a month for the donation with a company match. Not much at all. I appreciate the fact that Tom donates $500.

How much do you donate to the Athletic Club?

Do you have season tickets?

I get tired of hearing you tear down our bball coach and program. I guess if you are a  donor and have season tickets, you help pay his salary and recruiting expenses, so you would have every right to voice your displeasure. If this is the case then I appreciate your financial support and I apologize.

I guess I just get tired of people who do nothing about our underfunded programs but gripe about how they should be different.

I just wish they would come up with the cash to help pay for coaches salaries, recruiting expenses,etc.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1132068049;start=

Interesting,.

This is the second thread you tried to correlate the amount someone donates/if they are a season ticket holder to how much of a fan they are.  Guess you're Mr. Tough guy, money bags spouting off all over the board about how much you donate huh?  Well I donate 3 million per year and I'm eight feet tall and I date Pamela Anderson.  Don't put too much stock into that do ya?  Well excuse me if I don't put too much stock into an unregistered guest's rants.   ::)

BTW, it appears to me you're the only one who brought up our former coach's name in the above thread.  If you love RMC well good for you.  You seem very proud of that.  Not everyone feels that way.  

The best part about this is that even if I donated NOTHING, and DIDN'T spend my hard earned $$ traveling to SEVERAL HOME and away games every year (not all of us have a 10 minute car ride to home games), and DIDN'T donate money to help former players in need, I would STILL have the right to come on here and agitate bourgeois pompous a-holes like yourself.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1
  • Days Won:  0

I know noone wants to hear this, but I agree with everything Tom and Alan say about the USF Basketball team.  As an Alum, I have been attending games since 1997, the Brian Lamb and Chauncey ASbury days.  Always calling my friends in NY telling them to watch out for USF Basketball , we are going to be nice.  Only to find out after all these years that Tom is right.  0 conference champs, 0 top 25 wins (Idont consider beating texas that one year when they were ranked 25 and noone near that ranking after that game for the rest of the season)  NOT ONE NCAA TOURNY APPEARANCE!!! That is absurd.  North Wester Over the Hill to Grandmas House SOuthern Alabama makes the tourny sometimes.  

The worst is yet to come!

How do we expect to improve when we are entering the elite conference in the country.  Its like we worked up with Greenburg to mediocre ststus and now we a re doormats once again.  Preseason ranked #16 inteh big east out of 16 teams.  Im sure we will be filling up the front 10 rows this year.  Its time to get a big name coach.  How hard can it be to recruit a nasty bball players from NYC or Chicago or anywhere to come to sunny Tampa Fl.  

Get ready for a short season, not long, because we are not expecting anything.  Long season would be, we are supposed to compete but get injuries and do not.  Short season because we know we have no chance.  The only games I will go to this year will be UCONN and Villanova to watch how real bball is played.  

Jeff

Proud USF Alum (just not basketball program proud) 2003

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3

I agree w/ tom, and the rest of the crew.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

0 top 25 wins (Idont consider beating texas that one year when they were ranked 25 and noone near that ranking after that game for the rest of the season)

What did you consider Cincinnati and Charlotte last season in back to back games?  

Look, if you're ******** about the fact that Seth Greenberg was never able to fulfill the promises he made, I'm right there with you.  But Seth's been gone for a couple of years now, and his replacement has managed 3 wins over ranked opponents since that time.  There's no guarantee that McCullum is the guy who will get us to the next level, but I sure as hell like where we sit in regards to being in the best basketball conference in the country relative to where we were.  That means games against perennial national championship contenders.  

Meanwhile, with all the ******** about our facilities, the SunDome is scheduled for major improvements this coming offseason.  So all "Tom's" post did was whine without even a cursory review of what's already in place to improve.  And his inference that he's only interested in rooting for a winner while missing on so many facts (like the 0 ranked teams one) makes the whole lot of you a bunch of fairweather fans.  I'd just as soon have people who root for their alma mater through thick and thin than ones who only want to jock the winners.  

USFFan

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I know noone wants to hear this, but I agree with everything Tom and Alan say about the USF Basketball team.  As an Alum, I have been attending games since 1997, the Brian Lamb and Chauncey ASbury days.  Always calling my friends in NY telling them to watch out for USF Basketball , we are going to be nice.  Only to find out after all these years that Tom is right.  0 conference champs, 0 top 25 wins (Idont consider beating texas that one year when they were ranked 25 and noone near that ranking after that game for the rest of the season)  NOT ONE NCAA TOURNY APPEARANCE!!! That is absurd.  North Wester Over the Hill to Grandmas House SOuthern Alabama makes the tourny sometimes.  

The worst is yet to come!

How do we expect to improve when we are entering the elite conference in the country.  Its like we worked up with Greenburg to mediocre ststus and now we a re doormats once again.  Preseason ranked #16 inteh big east out of 16 teams.  Im sure we will be filling up the front 10 rows this year.  Its time to get a big name coach.  How hard can it be to recruit a nasty bball players from NYC or Chicago or anywhere to come to sunny Tampa Fl.  

Get ready for a short season, not long, because we are not expecting anything.  Long season would be, we are supposed to compete but get injuries and do not.  Short season because we know we have no chance.  The only games I will go to this year will be UCONN and Villanova to watch how real bball is played.  

Jeff

Proud USF Alum (just not basketball program proud) 2003

Tom/Alan/Habib/Jeff etc, or whatever your name is, you're an imbecile. Yes, it's you because no other moron would bring up the Texas win again while ignoring the top 25 wins last season.

Looks like Guest posting may need to be turned off for a bit ...