• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If no season, transfers and more questions

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

With many D2 programs canceling football this season, I got to thinking, what if D1 follows.

How will eligibility work, will everyone get another year or will some just get the short end of the stick?

If the year is granted, will transfers have to sit out another year or just be eligible right away in 2021, if they are eligible, will they forfeit a year of eligibility or will it work as if they never lost the year like others?

Will total scholarships allowed be increased on the short term to allow space for incoming players, if not, do coaches have teh difficult discussion with seniors that will never see the field for the benefit of the team?

If I were a RS Sr. going into 2020 and graduating on time and was granted teh then 5th ans 6th years of eligibility but knew I would never see significant playing time do I take one for the team and leave after graduation or take my two free years of grad school?

If players are able to use a canceled football season as the one year sit out year for transfers, essentially anyone could go anywhere and be eligible the same time as anyone else with no penalty, do we see a complete change in rosters across football now that many players know where they stand and all could play where they are accepted immediately?

Lots of questions, does anyone have any input?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, Bobby1 said:

With many D2 programs canceling football this season, I got to thinking, what if D1 follows.

How will eligibility work, will everyone get another year or will some just get the short end of the stick?

If the year is granted, will transfers have to sit out another year or just be eligible right away in 2021, if they are eligible, will they forfeit a year of eligibility or will it work as if they never lost the year like others?

Will total scholarships allowed be increased on the short term to allow space for incoming players, if not, do coaches have teh difficult discussion with seniors that will never see the field for the benefit of the team?

If I were a RS Sr. going into 2020 and graduating on time and was granted teh then 5th ans 6th years of eligibility but knew I would never see significant playing time do I take one for the team and leave after graduation or take my two free years of grad school?

If players are able to use a canceled football season as the one year sit out year for transfers, essentially anyone could go anywhere and be eligible the same time as anyone else with no penalty, do we see a complete change in rosters across football now that many players know where they stand and all could play where they are accepted immediately?

Lots of questions, does anyone have any input?

all very good questions and these questions bleed into the question of spring football...this is ANOTHER KEY set of reasons why football in the fall has not been cancelled yet...unfortunately I don't have answers on one way or another...I would actually be surprised if they increase the number of scholarship because they grant another year of eligibility...everyone is like "yeah football will just happen in the spring."  In my opinion, I think if football in the fall is cancelled...there will be no football for the year...it gets incredibly hairy if they try to kick things off in the spring...oh and not to mention WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE VIRUS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE SPRING...if we are panicking now...well then...

Edited by DJBulls