• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

if xavier lee

Guest S.  Bien
Hey at least you spelled his name right this time....

BTW...hard to argue about  our Qbs and OC being bad....

Yeah, but I have a tough time overly punishing a QB when clearly, everyone admits universally now that the OC is bad.  How can a QB be good if the OC's scheme is wrong, and has trouble developing QB's.  It's no win.

I've seen to many instances where a bad QB was made good by a coach that came in and new what to do with the offense, play calling, system, and QB development.  If you want a good example then look at Brady Quinn- ND fans felt he was a walking fart last year.  Now he's a darkhorse heisman candidate, and if he finishes the year strong a leading candidate next year.

I am not eliminating the QB's responsibility, but there is only so much places raw talent can take you, especially at the BCS level, coaching and a good system must do the rest.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, but I have a tough time overly punishing a QB when clearly, everyone admits universally now that the OC is bad.  How can a QB be good if the OC's scheme is wrong, and has trouble developing QB's.  It's no win.

I've seen to many instances where a bad QB was made good by a coach that came in and new what to do with the offense, play calling, system, and QB development.  If you want a good example then look at Brady Quinn- ND fans felt he was a walking fart last year.  Now he's a darkhorse heisman candidate, and if he finishes the year strong a leading candidate next year.

I am not eliminating the QB's responsibility, but there is only so much places raw talent can take you, especially at the BCS level, coaching and a good system must do the rest.

Like I said last week, the whole offense is dysfunctional in a Trent Dilfer:Mike Shula sort of way.

Guest S.  Bien

I'd call it more the Bucs-Tony Dungy system.  Dilfer wasn't great, but he won, and won super bowls because HE FOUND TEAMS, AND COACHES, AND SYSTEMS, that functioned around his strengths.

In the Buc's- Dungy system we spend 8 year's waffling around with a sputtering offense, a great defense, always winning enough on defense to get people excited but never doing enough on offense to balance the team out and create a winner.  Dungy tinkered, fired, tinkered, re-assigned, but in the end his offensive understanding was limited, and the defense was all that performed.

Knowing how that turned out I wonder if a new coach would keep Kravitz running the D. :o

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

In the Buc's- Dungy system we spend 8 year's waffling around with a sputtering offense, a great defense, always winning enough on defense to get people excited but never doing enough on offense to balance the team out and create a winner.  Dungy tinkered, fired, tinkered, re-assigned, but in the end his offensive understanding was limited, and the defense was all that performed.

I hate to get off the original topic, but just a comment to add -

The Bucs organization hired a "real", experienced OC from elsewhere (forget his name) and he lasted one year. The reason he didn't stick is because Dungy was unwilling/unable to manage the game in such a way as to make full use of his OC's strategic capability. If the OC wants to take shots at the endzone, and the HC wants to kick a FG and turn the game back over to the Defense, there's not much the OC can do about it.

USF's problems I think are a little bit different, we don't have a quality OC capable of creating a good gameplan week-in and week-out. The question is, will Leavitt be able to bring in somebody who he can work with who is also good at running the Offensive team side of the ball.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

Is saying that QB play "sucked" a fact or opinion?  Please show me the NCAA  definition of "sucked". ;D

from the ncaa official site:

suck:  (verb)  to give a horrible showing, to miss wide open recievers, to make bad decisions.

Ex:  Pat Julmiste sucks at qb, especially on the road.

In general, the USF offense sucks on the road.

UF sucks.

I looked it up!  its there, check for yourselves.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

PJ needs to be moved to TE

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

lob-why are you being so generous