• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Progress report: Which team was better?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

pitt shouldn't out  recruit  a team in tampa EVER

let alone for 3 years

i have been saying for years our recruiting needs to improve and yet we can't get a qb or a dt

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Well i hate to tell you but Pitt has more name recognition and had a thing called BCS for all those years. Pitt has won national championships in football we havent even been in a Bowl game. Not in the same ball park when it comes to attracting kids.

This year being in the BE and having a new athletic facility the playing field is more even but Pitt still has more name than we do.

You might not want to face it but is the truth

we need coaches that lock down the tampa area on recruiting

leavitt can't do it

cubanbull-usf should out recruit pittsburgh.plian and simple

leavitt can't do it so i would find someone who can

pitt hasn't been a player in decades

if boise state can make noise in college football

usf can out recruit pitt and win a national championship

we don't have the coache sthat can do it

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,814
  • Days Won:  22

Pitt went to a BCS Bowl last year and destroyed us. They might not be a "player" but they have been and are closer to it than we are.

Until we go to a bowl, win a bowl game and go to a BCS bowl then Pitt is ahead of us.

Many kids, parents of kids and football coaches in Pennsylvannia grew up following and supporting Pitt football that does NOT exist in Florida nor the Tampa Bay area with regards to USF.

You come to Miami and you ask the kids choose between Pitt and USF and Pitt still has the name on us.

Those are the facts and unless USF is willing to pay the BIG BUCKS and bring in a nationally known coach that will speed our name recognition is not going to happen. Look at Orlando they paid the BIG BUCKS for a name coach and they still CANT outrecruit Pitt nor USF even in Orlando area.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

IMHO: Number one problem is QB recruiting and QB play.  IF we had a QB, we could take the Big East.

2nd problem, WR play. Of course, if I were thrown to as infrequently as our wide outs are, I'd probably have fallen asleep too by the time a ball came my way.

Any opposing team this year that didn't put 8 in a box against us was just plain stupid.

Who are our QB scouts and what the heck are they doing getting option QB's in here that can't throw? Ok, Julmiste has an arm but he throws bullets, he throws over the wide outs head or at their feet. He's got no touch. You don't learn this stuff in college.

Our QB scouts and Leavitt have to make it a priority to get some real QB's in here. We don't even need a kid with the pedigree of Brohm, we just need a kid that can stand in the pocket, put some touch on the ball, scramble a little bit, and find the 2nd and 3rd open receiver.  e.g Chad Barnhardt

I see better QB play out of kids playing in Div. I-AA right now then what we have and there is no excuse for that.

zoomer-what a great post