• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gwaltney Out for WVU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

why is everyone so grumpy?

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Yes, I consider him a threat.  In his last game at Rutgers, he averaged 9.5 yards per carry.  And since he leads the team in rushing TDs, I would consider him another threat around the goal line.  

By the way the leading rusher on their team only has about 100 yards more for the season, so do you consider him a threat, even though its 'only' 18 more yards a game than Gwaltney?  His average would be around 48 yards per game, would that extra 18 yards qualify him on your threat-o-meter?

He would on mine.    

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Fair enough, good points Joe.  I think we can agree that the kid has talent, I just didnt see him as a threat but I will say that you brought up some things outside of the overall stat sheet that shows that he is better than 31/yards game.  Thanks.  

Guest S.  Bien

OK, so a guy who averages 31 yards/game is a threat to you?  Well, he isn't to me at all.  I know the kid has talent and will probably be a force at some point but not right now.  His stats speak for themselves.  

He isn't a threat to you because you're in the stands, and not forced to tackle him.  However Gwaltney has been coming on as of late- and is actually a force NOW.  I don't think he even had a carry in their first game, and only like 4 in their second.  Against Maryland, and Vtech he made some big plays, and carries.

I wonder how many folks at this juncture last year thought Ted Ginn's no TD's, and only like 30 receiving yards were much of a threat?  After the month of October concluded he as a household name.  Having Gwaltney on the bench is better than in the game.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709
  • Days Won:  0

Gwaltney is a beast.  Dont let the numbers fool you.  In third and short situations he's unstoppable and he's only a true Fr.  He was also the top recruit in the country.

Correct.  He had an official visit to UCF.

He should have signed here.  He would still be playing because UCF players don't seem to get hurt this year!  :D