• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Questions about the passing game

Guest tulderbull

Guest tulderbull

I have posted before about this topic and will question it again and again if it pursues. I can understand a game like louisville why we only throw the ball 10 times and run the heck out of the ball those are the games you do what you need to, to win.  but I will go back a couple of weeks and this has been the problem a couple of years.  we when play lessers teams FAMU, UCF nicholas state etc.  We need to work on our passing game.  We by no means are in any way efficient with QBs or recievers.  Work is needed in the passing game and has been needed for 3 years now.  Yet it boggles me why we havent worked on it in these types of games.  Now is it going to change to outcome and make us that much better.  Hell i dont know. What I do know is that it would make us worse.  if your not good in a particular area not matter what you are doing in life that is what you work on to get you better.  I can bet you once michael jordan got pretty good at dunking the ball he didnt just try to dunk it every time he could.  I am sure he wanted to expand his game.  Fall away jump shot for example.  us we are a pretty good running team and a horrible passing team.  we need to work on our passing.  the last 3 years we have been aweful and I tell you I feel bad for our defense. reminds me of the 03 team good defense horrible offense they play their hearts out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501
  • Days Won:  0

What passing game?   :-/

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  143

We need to have more weapons on offense.  After whooping up on Louisville, UM saw that our primary weapon was rushing, especially w/ Hall.  Once they shut him down, we had to rely on our passing game.  This was their strategy because they knew we couldn't do much with our passing.  Our passing game is horrible.  Our receivers dropped numerous passes and Julmiste couldn't hit a scarecrow.  Right now it seems like we are a defensive team.  Once we get our offense on the same track, then we'll start to see more W's.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

all we heard this presason was how our WR are going to be great but all I see is alot of dropped passes....................... :-/

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

if we don't talk about the problem, maybe it doens't really exist.

I don't know why our passing issues haven't been addressed since Marquel left.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  382

Man, how good would this team be if we had a strong passer at QB?  Our defense is great, out O-line is playing well, Hall is a premier back and our special teams seems to be above average (jury is still out on field goals).  I'm still not sure what to think about our WR's.  They are big, fast and athletic but can they catch the ball consistently?  Some of those drops may be attributed to Julmistes' sporadic throws.  It has to be much harder to catch a ball when you don't know if it will come above your head, at your feet, behind you etc.  As a receiver, if you know the ball is going to be around your chest MOST of the time, I think it would be easier to catch.  I know a lot of the talk about our young QB's is speculation, but I don't like what I'm reading from some posters.  We need a QB!!!

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  365

I only remember 1 drop in the Miami game.  A couple of over throws that led to interceptions and a catch that turned into a fumble.  The ball is not getting to the receiver plane and simple.

I guess we need quicker/shorter routes that the qb can hit and gain confidence.  Then we can work further down field.

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

What passing game?   :-/

Does Blackwell have any elegibility left? DANG!  :-[

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

I only remember 1 drop in the Miami game.  A couple of over throws that led to interceptions and a catch that turned into a fumble.  The ball is not getting to the receiver plane and simple.

I guess we need quicker/shorter routes that the qb can hit and gain confidence.  Then we can work further down field.

Thats what I was figuring would be a good game plan against UM, the only problem with that is if memory serves correct the first two INTs PJ threw were bad overthrows of routes that were no more than 8-10 yds.

The overriding problem is PJ is very inconsistent in throwing passes with touch. The 2 fades in the PSU game and the pass to Amarri in the L'Ville game were great examples of putting touch on the ball, but then he'll follow that up by gunning a 8-12 yd pass over someone's head or into the ground.