• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My beloved Devil Rays...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Another season comes to a close.  Another season of seeing guys play their guts out (minus guys named Vinny and a couple of guys named Jose).  Although I am once again thrilled with their 2nd half play, we find ourselves similar to last year which equals to another year wasted and another year being stagnant.  

Will new mgt. bring us more wins?  I dont know.  I wish that Sweet Lou had been provided the type of payroll to compete.  To go out and find a pitcher or two would have been nice.  But, that did not happen and the Rays reaped the benefits of revenue sharing via TV deals.  

I attend a few dozen games a year.  I am going to be a season ticket holder starting next season with or without Vince at the helm.  My personal boycott will be over.  I guess I may be crazy for doing this but you cant help but get behind these guys who are barely old enough to drink.  I guess their guts have finally overcome by displeasure for the worst front office in professional sports.  

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Didn't figure you to be such an avid baseball fan Mike.  I never saw you at the two games  we (alumni) organized.  My wife has become quite the D-rays fan.  She hates it when they send Colome to the mound, but can you blame her?  I too wish Lou had more money to work with and I guess when he spouted off about that, Stu felt it was time for him to go. Vince will relinquish control and Stu will take over soon and we can only hope it is like the transaction from Culverhouse to Glaser (at least money-wise).

Gene,

I am alwasy up for a game but it is usually a last minute decision to go.  I hope you keep having events there...see you in Miami!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

lou is gone

that should help

Free Parking?  Impressed.  Increasing the payroll, even more impressed.  Its a bright day in Rays history....

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Free Parking?  Impressed.  Increasing the payroll, even more impressed.  Its a bright day in Rays history....

People didn't stay away because they had to pay for parking .... It's a nice but uneeded gesture. He's going to find he needs revenue streams from wherever he can get it until they start winning ......

Free parking will help more than you realize, at least initially.  The cash position of the Rays has always been quite strong but they have not spent that cash.  It will take some time, we have the talent on the field to get it done (with a few additions from some vets).

Free parking will help more than you realize, at least initially.  The cash position of the Rays has always been quite strong but they have not spent that cash.It will take some time, we have the talent on the field to get it done (with a few additions from some vets).

The free parking couldn't hurt, that's for sure.

I just hope they bring in good baseball people. I'm sorry it didn't work out with Lou and, I may be in the minority, but I think Lamar did a pretty good job with what he had to work with ownership. He made some mistakes early with trying to bring in the "Hit Show", etc but in recent years he's made few of those mistakes and has stocked the DRay farm system with some of the best young players....

TripleB,

I agree with you except for the Lamar comments.  The Hit Show still gives me nightmares.  Vinny Castilla is the scum of the Earth (guy only plays well the final year of a contract - like Juan Gone -  or when he plays in Colorado).  Plus, its hard to miss the young talents when your draft position is strong each and every year.  

TripleB,

I agree with you except for the Lamar comments.  The Hit Show still gives me nightmares.  Vinny Castilla is the scum of the Earth (guy only plays well the final year of a contract - like Juan Gone -  or when he plays in Colorado).  Plus, its hard to miss the young talents when your draft position is strong each and every year.

The "Hit Show" was a valiant try that went horribly awry. Needed something to juice up the market and it failed miserably ..... Couldn't agree more about Cashsteala. Everytime I see something about him my blood boils.  >:(