• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How Bad is the Big East

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Of course we are talking football.  All across the country folks feel the BE should not have an automatic bid to the BCS.  Conferences like the MAC and C-USA feel they are just as good as the BE.  Are They right ?

So far this year the BE overall record is 17-11.  That doesn't sound to bad.  Upon a closer look you will see that three of those wins were against Buffalo by Ucon,Rutgers & Syracuse.  Not exactley quality wins.  Well maybe they did well against top twenty-five programs.  Naw, they where 1-3 and we all know who got that one win.  Throw on top of that a nationally televised game against Miami(sorry the one from Ohio) in which Cininati got embarresed and it is no wonder folks don't think much of the BE.

What can be done ?  This weekend is undoubtedly the most important weekend for the BE ,at least from a perception stand point.  The BE takes on the best of the ACC.  FSU(6) vs Syracuse, West Virgina vs Virgina Tech(3) and last but not least USF vs Miami(9).  Get slaughtered in all three games and count this season over for the BE because the shouts of Not deserving a BCS bowl will become louder then a jet engine.  Play three close games but lose all three and it will only be a dull roar.  Win one and gain a little respect but still not up to par for a true BCS conference.  Win two and then you can hold your head up high and proclaim "We Belong" even though there will still be those that say you just got lucky.  Win all three and well I don't even know what to say except it would turn the college football world upside down.  Yup, this weekend is big.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013

The big east is not much worse than the old ACC minus FSU.  Give a year or two and  powers will emerge.  My guess USF and WVU

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

As BULLS, we MUST stampede to our B ... uh, post season game.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

With Syracuse rebuilding and Pitt and WVU as  perennial top 25 teams, if us and l'ville can break into the top 25 on a regular basis I think we're going to be pretty good.  That's 5 teams that could conceivably be top 25.  I don't think people can doubt that.  Who does CUSA or the Mac even have that can even come close to a consistent top 25?  I'll tell ya how many, NONE.   The BE may not be ACC/SEC etc, however we're better than the rest.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  18

The only thing that worries me about the future of the Big East is finding five quality out of conference games each year.  In order to play for the BCS national title, Big East teams will have to play quite a few of the Big Boys and teams from the WAC, MAC, CUSA, and MWC, no D-1AAs.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

The Big East is the ACC of 5-7 years ago.

The Big East is in no danger of losing it's BCS bid. Why? Because of where the conference is located....the northeast. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$