• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF @ Miami

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Ok, Louisville is over. Let's start posting about the actual GAME against Miami.

No more media talk.

No more recruiting talk.

No more Louisville talk.

How do the USF Bulls match up against the Miami Hurricanes?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I think we match up well against them.  We need to mix the pass on first downs, and have a bunch of second and shorts.  This way we can use Hall on 2nd downs and bust him straight up the middle.  Blitz Wright from different angles.  Maybe even some corner blitzes.  But hit him every chance we can.  Our D needs to fly around, like they've been doing all year.

A chance.....Yes.....but we'll need to play our best on offense, because Miami's D is great.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

USF Defense vs. Miami Offense

Miami has a decent number of playmakers on the offensive side of the ball, but seems to lack the explosiveness that Louisville had possessed up until last Saturday.

As always, first and foremost we have to stop the run. If we don't stop the run early and our LB's get caught cheating up, Miami has the ability to kill us on the play-action to Olsen (TE).

If we stop the run and force the Canes into obvious passing situations it defenitely plays to our advantage. Wright is young and seems like he can be forced into at least a mistake or two if he gets pressured.

IMO opinion I definately believe we have somewhat of an edge in this department because we have a lot of team speed on defense. With the exception of the two big runs against PSU we haven't given up the "big play" and everyone flies to the ball on every play.

USF Offense vs. Miami Defense

Defense has long been a strength of the Canes and this year is no different. They have playmakers in all areas of their defense and definately have the ability to make us one-dimensional.

As has been said before, this game will be the true test to see how much PJ has improved. We will be hard pressed to find ways to "hide" him and I think Miami will do everything in their power to make PJ show he can beat them.

Hopefully Louisville was Amarri Jackson's coming out party and he will emerge as a go-to threat in all facets of the offense.

Special Teams

This is the area that scares me the most. Our return game hasn't been too bad, and if Chad Simpson emerges as a legitimate threat to break one everytime he touches the ball will continue to improve, but at times our coverage has shown the propensity to give up a big return or two. The kick coverage must be tight and contain Hester from making the game-changing play like Chad made Saturday.

Coaching

It will be interesting to see how the USF coaches follow-up their impressive performance from Saturday. From the opening coin-toss they seemed to make all the right calls and stay a step ahead of the Cardinals on both sides of the ball.

I expect both teams to put an addeda emphasis on stopping the run in an effort to put the game in the hands of the QBs and utilize their defensive strengths (speed and pressure).

My Prediction: Bulls 21   Canes 14

Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  34

Well UM is hurting, well, some of their players are...they are putting in a player  that was gonna be red shirted this year, but since their starters were injured, they needed to put him in..i think this swings things in our direction, well, atleast somewhat.

I will think its going to be a descent game, and im thinking we gonna win in 2OT 21-20...

GO BULLS!!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3

As far as the predictions coming from um that have them hanging 50 on us...two words, show me.  They're basing that on "We're UM, we rule!!"  Really? That's why they score 50?? I'm not sold.  Give 'em Dre up the middle until they prove they can stop it, if they can stop it.  Play action.  I don't think we'll be able to use screen passes as effectively because of miami's speed. The team that wins the LOS will win the game.

get to KW on D, and 4 yards and a cloud of dust on O...tick, tick, tick...

What's up with the Miami injuries?

Any updates?

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

sounds like most of the secondary is banged up...will be starting a true freshman.

I say go right at him just like they went at Jenkins last year.

i hope we open up the game throwing the ball...our o-line is good enough to give PJ some time...plus they will probably be stacking the box expecting us to run. If we throw early it will open more for Andre later.

• Content Count:  13

Just wanted to respond to this comment:

Wright is young and seems like he can be forced into at least a mistake or two if he gets pressured.

Actually, Kyle is being lauded by the coaches and the media for not making mistakes. He threw two picks against FSU, and hasn't thrown another since.

As far as matchups are concerned, from a UM fan's perspective:

USF O vs. UM D - advantage Miami

Miami's defense defends both the pass and run well. USF will need to maintain long, sustained drives to score, which won't be easy.

USF D vs. UM O - advantage USF

Miami's offense has been mediocre, with spotty OL play and a lot of dropped balls by the receivers. The coaching staff has moved to a lot of moving pockets and short drops to help the o-line, but that also reduces the threat of a big play downfield.

Special Teams - push

USF has had a few mental errors in kick coverage, but Miami's kickers (both the PK and P) have been extremely erratic.

I expect a low-scoring game, with UM coming out on top.

The more I think about this game, the more optimistic I get. I havent watched Miami play this year(it's against my religion), so I obviously cant give a 1st hand account. But from what I gather, USF is gonna have the advantage in the trenches with the strength of our offensive and defensive lines.

Games are won at the line of scrimmage.........................arent they?

• Content Count:  13

Your DL may have an advantage vs. our OL, but I don't think your OL has an advantage vs. our DL.

Miami's defense is better than Penn State's or UL's.