• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HOT needs to listen to the LSU...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

sorry i grew up a canes fan, and coincidentally, hate both the gaytors and noles with a passion, but will be rooting for the bulls and not the canes come saturday, first time i will root against the canes in the orange bowl, in my 22 years of exsistence

Does it feel weird?  I  grew up a Gator fan, mostly to play devils advocate for all the Nole fans up in my home town of Pensacola.  It's gonna feel weird when we go play in the Swamp.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

its gonna feel weird being in the stadium and hearing the ooooohhhhh c-a-n-e-s canes cheer and not doing it, plus my aunt, uncle, dad and not sure who else from my family will be there rooting for miami

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

sorry i grew up a canes fan, and coincidentally, hate both the gaytors and noles with a passion, but will be rooting for the bulls and not the canes come saturday, first time i will root against the canes in the orange bowl, in my 22 years of exsistence

That is EXACTLY like me, except i grew up a gators fan, went to miami to become a canes fan later, and transferred to usf.

Ok, so not exactly, but the important part is I have a LEARNED hatred of UF and FSU, and will be cheering for our BULLS next saturday!  Typically Miami is the only school in florida I wont cheer against outside my own, but this weekend even THEY will have to endure my team's beatdown.

I am also 22 by the way, so its still similar.

I am also 22 by the way, so its still similar.

I wish I was 22 again, sure it was only 3 years ago, but I miss those carefree college days :'(

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  33

Ok, once again, they are as young growing program just like the team and if you have followed them at all you would know that they grew in numbers from around 170 last year to over 220 this year, and have also gottem a lot better. The director, Mike Robinson, who is a legend as a band director in Florida, has made them more of a real college band this year. To whoever was talking about playing after each down, they do. They have something for 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th down of the opposing offense.  As for people complaining about their halftime shows not being for a college band, THEY ARE. Most college bands play songs that people know from pop and rock music.  First show was pink floyd, second red hot chilli peppers and for the end of the season they are play earth wind and fire.  Also, anyone traveling to miami, the HOT is also going and you will see them show up Miami's lovely band.  

To whoever was talking about playing after each down, they do. They have something for 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th down of the opposing offense.    

Shows that I haven't been to a home game in nearly two years ;D

What about after USF moves the ball??

Most of the big programs have bands that play every down... Michigan... Oklahoma... Notre Dame... Tennessee...

I think USF should play that #8 song every time USF has a positive play.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  33

again, they have something for every down.  #8 is too long to play in between plays. The band gets enough crap for even playing at all and idiots in the student section think the band can hear them from 100 feet away when they yell at them to shut up.  They implemented short 5-10 second songs to play in between downs so people dont get pissed and so they dont play over the offense.  If they played the SAME thing, ie #8 over and over again, like the stupid fsu crap ever 5 seconds, trust me, people would be pissed and annoyed...just like the mcdonalds first down..bleh