• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Missing: Carlton Hill

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Seriously ... heard from an outsider that he's got skills ... anyone have any "info/stats" on the guy?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

http://www.realfootball365.com/college/articles/southflorida/grant-gregory-transfer300605.php

TAMPA – Indiana red-shirt freshman quarterback Grant Gregory will transfer to the University of South Florida, head coach Jim Leavitt announced today. Gregory, the son of USF offensive assistant coach Greg Gregory, will sit out this year and will be eligible for the 2006 season.

Gregory sat out the 2004 season as a redshirt at Indiana. The 6-1, 205-pounder was named to the Division III All-Ohio squad by Ohio Prep Scene after completing 115-of-214 passes for 2,085 yards and 22 touchdowns as a senior at Athens High School. Gregory was a first team All-Ohio selection at the Division III level by The Associated Press and the Ohio Football Coaches Association.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p=8&c=1&nid=732138

2 stars from scout

Biography:

2004 - Indiana:

He was a redshirt freshmen during the season before transfering to USF.

2003 - High School Football:

ATHENS HIGH SCHOOL - He was three-time all-district, and the County Mvp as a seniorOselected to the Ohio North-South Game, and was South Offensive player of the game with 202 passing yards, two touchdowns, and a 80 yard touchdown run. He was named to the Division III All-Ohio squad by Ohio Prep Scene, also named first team All-Ohio in division III by the Associated Press and Ohio Football Coaches Association. He played in the Big 33 All-Star Game, where he threw an 82 yard pass. As a senior He was 115 of 214, threw for 2,085 yards with 22 touchdowns. As a junior he passed for 1,138 yards and 10 touchdowns, and rushed for 355 yards and 11 scores. Also a tremendous safety prospect, he had 74 tackles, four forced fumbles, three interceptions and two fumble recoveries in 2002. He finished with 4,200 yards passing, 41 passing touchdowns, 21 rushing touchdowns, over 1,000 yards rushing, and had 240 tackles and 10 interceptions playing defensive back. He was also All-league and two-time all-county in baseball, and Played basketball as well. Son of Greg Gregory, USF tight ends coach.

I have been to every practice this season, Grant Gregory is the hardest working, and best QB on the Bulls. Guarenteed

I am not saying you are wrong but we heard the same thing about Denson last year.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

gabberboy = Grant Gregory?  ;)

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I was wondering the same thing about Carlton Hill. We have 1 playmaker on offense and we all know who that is. What's it going to hurt to have Hill get a reverse or catch a WR screen now and then?

Like someone before me said, we MUST give this kid playing time. Not only will it keep him from transferring, but other top recruits may notice it and sign here with the hope of early playing time.

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692
  • Days Won:  2

I was wondering the same thing about Carlton Hill. We have 1 playmaker on offense and we all know who that is. What's it going to hurt to have Hill get a reverse or catch a WR screen now and then?

Peyton is a play maker, if we can ever get him the ball.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Thats a huge IF.

When you're trying to hide your quarterback, it's hard to find your wide recievers. (whoa, that was pretty **** good off the top of my head!)

Guest Josh Newberg

Ill be the first to admit, that when I heard he was transfering I figured it was a family thing.  But after watching every voluntary practice (where he got the most reps) and from seeing what I'm allowed at regular practices.  I think he could be the number two guy right now.  He is much bigger and stronger than Grothe and Denson, obviously not as fast.  As far as arm strength, he may have the strongest arm on the team.  

I know voluntary practice was no pads and all that but, from what I saw he was a much better pure passer than both Denson and Grothe.  On top of that he and PJ would stay after almost every day for at least a half hour to work with Amarri and some of the other guys.

Dont throw this name out b/c of his dad, kid can play.  I've been saying it all year but i think people push him to the back b/c he's not as visible as the other guys, but i guarantee he's a big part of the competition next year.  The only way he's not is if he's moved to saftey b/c of his size.  i havnt heard anything on that, its pure speculation on my part.

Josh