• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

usf is clearly part of the

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

USF needs to beat teams like UL and Miami in the next two weeks to get the national attention. Then USF will be looked at as part of the BIG 4 in my opinion. I honestly think UL is a much better team that Miami right now, so we will be really tested next week. UL should help USF get ready for Miami if we make a game of it.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

so is it

the big 3

usf

little 3

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

For once, I actually agree with a post by smazza.  Right now, there are 3 classes of college football in this state: the Big 3, then USF, then the remaining teams.  USF is a contender, but isn't there yet.

In order for the Big 4 to occur, we need to start winning those big games that always get away from us, and we need to win them consistently.  We need to start getting into post-season play on a regular basis.  We need to beat some of the Big 3.  We need to outrecruit some of the Big 3.

Until those kinds of things happen frequently, there's no such thing as the Big 4 in Florida.  Also, someone else needs to decide when there's a Big 4, not USF fans.  When the media refers to it, we'll know we're there.

ESPN did talked about the Sunshine State football games yesterday... guess which game was not included? Yup. The one in Tampa.

More than anything, Sports Center and College Game Day will be the real picture of how far USF has come.  When ESPN had GameDay at West Point in 2003, only mentioned USF in the context of th game -- "We're at West Point for Army's game against South Florida."  Then they talked only about Army.

If USF is included on GameDay & Sports Center highlights with UF, FSU, and UM -- that is when we can say we're a part of the Big 4.

Until then, as far as the nation is concerned, its the Big 3 and the Little 4.

• Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Days Won:  0

While you thinking about the #4 team in the state, it may be already going to Boca Raton and FAU.   I think they might just beat you guys this year.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

There's the Big 3.

The Medium 1.

The up and coming 2.

And

The 0-17 1.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

While you thinking about the #4 team in the state, it may be already going to Boca Raton and FAU.   I think they might just beat you guys this year.

are you retarded??  USF does not play FAU

and have you seen them this year? they are 0-3 now, losing to a bad Kansas team, a bad OSU team and then getting raped by Minnesota last night

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

wrong... U are not in their league ... period... U have beat 1 1aa school.... and the worse 1a school in the country... dont get a fat head.  U only played one decent team and they beat u.

And you aren't in OUR league.  

You aren't even in the leauge of the other 118 Div 1A schools so shut up and go back to your playpen when you hear a REAL school discussing football.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I think it's funny that I saw some UCF students cheering for USF.  And even more funny how some were proud of their losing streak.  Some even started chanting 0-18.  Tsk tsk tsk, that's just sad.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  39

True, but I hate to rub it in, but we really did pound you guys good.  The game was never close.  You didn't break 200 yards until the final drive with under 3 minutes and half 2nd stringers in.

You've got to at least give us props for running on you unlike any other BCS program has been able to do the past three years.

USF absolutly came out there to play and played well, As for the streak ? hell, what can you do ?? I don't recruit these guys,I don't conduct the practices, but what I do is finance a small part collectivly in the program, and **** it as a stock holder I want results...

You have all the fodder you need to keep these postings going for the next year until we meet again,      

Props to all your players and fans, most of which I found cordial and pleasant. We were parked in lot 5 and I assume these are the upper end donors to the program,You were excellent hosts and I look forward to next years meeting even more than this. Bottom line IMO is that this game WAS worth the scheduling if in the event of a UCF victory next year the series will be tied and the real "rivalry" will ensue. until then enjoy the sweet taste of victory.

by the way I have never seen a worse team on the field than last night,thats alot of games I have seen. and honestly was embarrassed of the level of play they (UCF) displayed. I would have much rather seen a fourth quarter collapse, but we were never in that game from the start....