• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

0 and 17...........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20
  • Days Won:  0

2001 and 2002 were mediocre years....5-6 and 7-5 respectively...not exactly getting "stung".

You're right about Buffalo though, I'm sure they were thinking that we stunk, but at the same time, I'm sure everyone all over the country was thinking "man, USF sucks...they lost to army"...you guys should be thankful that they ended their streak the week before.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Possibly, but c'mon you have to admit, what we've done in 9 years compared to what UCF has done in 25 years is a miracle.  That is what it comes down to at this point.  And when we beat you guys, that is when its going to sink in.  Believe it.

Go Bulls!

It is impressive, but at the same time, both programs are still fledglings when it comes to trying to take on the real big boys in college football...those with at least 4 or 5 decades of experience.  It really doesnt mean much in the big picture.

Neither of our teams has gone to a bowl yet, it just seems irrelevant to me.

Its irrelevant because you're a UCF fan, and USF has already passed you by.  We compete, while UCF has been losing............badly I have to admit.  We're still a year or two away, but at least we win some games.  And not just 1 AA games.  We win against decent 1A opponents, which UCF has never done well against.  And hopefully this will be the year for a bowl, so we can put this to rest.  I just don't see UCF winning more than 2 or 3 conference games this year (if that much).

That being said, are you going to the game?  I'm driving down from Atlanta for it.  Do you think there are UCF fans coming in from other states for this game?    

Stromboli, this is from you're very own Orlando Sentinel.  I didn't make these numbers up.  While UCF struggles against other 1A opponents, here is what USF did in our old conference.........

USF is 13-9 against Conference USA teams, 9-5 against teams currently in the league. . . . Tampa-based announcer Rick Peckham will handle television play by play for UCF-South Florida, and Tony McGee will handle color for Fox Sports Florida. Peckham worked a few UCF games when the Knights were in the Mid-American Conference.

\Good Luck with the rest of your season.............

Okay, let's see who you have beaten in the past five years to just blow us away.....

2000 (7-4)

Wins

Jacksonville State

James Madison

Troy State

Liberty

Connecticut

Western Kentucky

Austin Peay State

Losses

Kentucky

Baylor

Southern Miss

Middle Tennessee

2001 (8-3)

Wins

Pittsburgh

North Texas

Connecticut

Southern Utah

Liberty

Houston

Western Illinois

Utah State

Losses

Northern Illinois

Memphis

Utah

2002 (9-2)

Wins

FAU

Northern Illinois

North Texas

Southern Miss

East Carolina

Charleston Southern

Memphis

Bowling Green

Houston

Losses

Arkansas

Oklahoma

2003 (7-4)

Wins

Nicholls State

Army

Louisville

Charleston Southern

cincinnati

East Carolina

Memphis

Losses

Alabama

TCU

Southern Miss

UAB

2004 (4-7)

Wins

Tennessee Tech

TCU

UAB

East Carolina

Losses

South Carolina

Southern Miss

ARMY

Louisville

Cincinnati

Memphis

Pitt

14 of your 36 Wins (39%) from 2000-2004 have NOT been D-1 teams….what a joke.  This definitely discounts any remote achievement you have had by beating TCU or UAB….sorry…

The only win you have had that is REMOTELY BCS is Pittsburgh, and that program is a joke.  

So like I said, your program has achieved next to nothing, and is still just about on par with us, as much as you hate to admit it.  

Whatever dude, go beat up on some MAC teams before you make that assesment.  25 Years and NOTHING..............

Good Luck in good ole' Conference USA.

Alabama, an SEC team....2000....

that win against a bad Alabama team is probably a bigger achievement then any win your team has ever had.

True, and it only happened 6 years ago.  Keep living on that one, it might by you a biscuit in Dothan.  That was when we were still 1AA I think.  It only took you guys what 21 years for that big win?

Are you even going to the game?