• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why arent we USF fans acknowledging this rivalry?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

biggest game on MY TEAM'S SCHEDULE?!? i'm a bulls fan, but obviously you didnt take the time to analyze the post.. honestly, i dont care if they are 0-17.. yes, they suck, but so does FAMU.. if you were to ignorant to read the post, the basis of my argument was that the rivalry between UCF and USF transcends football.

Easy Cee.  I admit I didn't read closely enough.  I apologize my friend.  I do HumbleBully disagree though.  I was simply baiting.  Go Bulls!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  26

biggest game on MY TEAM'S SCHEDULE?!? i'm a bulls fan,

Easy Cee.  I admit I didn't read closely enough.  I apologize my friend.  I do HumbleBully disagree though.  I was simply baiting.  Go Bulls!

Oh my gosh! HumbleBully disagree? You are really an idiot.

• Content Count:  69

why are you addressing this as "YOU" and "YOU GUYS".. i'm a bulls fan, why cant you stop and freaking read the post..

I AM A USF BULLS FANstop making me seem like i like UCF.. god, you are what gives intelligent USF bulls fans a bad name--so defensive.. so quick to jump to accusations.

Cee,  I'm on the scout team dude.  I'm still learning the board my friend.  

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

ok well i didnt intend on this becoming a "UCF/USF sucks" discussion.. so i'd like to keep the personal program bashings to a minimum

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i have always said we should have played them for years

ftu/ou/oc  should have been our first 1a game

There is something to the fact that we haven't played an annual game because it would give some credibility to them as peers.  

Still, USF always wanted to achieve more than UCF.  Griffin, Leavitt, Selmon, et al have said that USF should be part of the Big Four.  While I love that sentiment, inherent in that position is a direct competition with UCF.  We can not be part of the Big Four without comparing ourself to UCF and showing how we have surpassed them.

USF fans have been saying that there are better teams to play -- and I agree.  USF turned down a series with Minnesota.  Florida State won't return Woolard's phone calls.  We already have games with Florida and Miami.  It seems to me that we are playing those better teams.

We have to fille FIVE out of conference games every year.  Why can't one of them by UCF?  No one who opposes a rivalry with UCF has ever answered that question.  I would rather play UCF than Florida A&M, Tennesee Tech,  Charleston Southern, or Nicholls State. Perhaps you disagree?

Ulitmately, time will determine whether or not this will be a rivalry for our schools.  In the meantime, the reasons FOR scheduling UCF every year signficantly and clearly outweigh the resons AGAINST it:

FOR -

- Fills an OOC game for USF with a I-A opponent

- Low payout ($200,000) helps cut costs for our athletic department

- The ability to have more visiting fans buying tickets to the game

- Close proximity means more USF fans can make the road trip

- Exposure of USF in the Orlando area can help with recruiting

- Probabilty that USF could win the game helps with bowl eligibility

AGAINST -

- Quality of UCF's program and conference affiliation

- Recognition of UCF as a peer program

Am I missing something?  Why shouldn't this be an annual game?

• Content Count:  26

Cee...I think you are absolutely correct. After reading some posts on here I posted this on the UCF board a few days ago about USF fans not wanting this game to be a rivalry:

It seems some USF fans think because they are in a BCS league now that they are God's gift to college football. They don't want to play "lesser" schools like UCF each year because it does nothing for them and they don't care about it- they only care about perception. Heck as soon as USF started playing football I wanted to play them even though they were 1AA at the time. For me its not about UCF needing this game, its about me as a fan WANTING it- and not to help the program, but to enjoy the best of what college football has to offer.

All I have to say is those Bulls fans just don't get it. It's not about BCS or non-BCS. Part of what makes college football (and basketball) so great is rivalry games, there is NOTHING like it. And while there is no rule book that says rivals need to be close to each other, the majority of them are because that is when you have students who chose between the two schools, friends at the opposing schools, offices full of graduates from both schools, etc. Not to mention the fact that the short driving distance will lead to good representation from the away teams fans making for a great atmosphere. That all seems lost on some of the Bulls fans as they talk of instead developing rivalrys with schools like UL and WVU. Huh???

I will say I don't think it's all Bulls fans either as there is a USF grad at my work who has NEVER gone to a college football game in his life. Guess what- he is so pumped about this game that he is driving 2 hours to Tampa to watch this and bring 3 friends with him. He gets it, hopefully one of these days the other USF fans will too- for their own sake.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

UCF used to have a fairly decent program, but their previous coach really screwed things up at the end of his tenure.  O'Liar had nothing to work with last year, and he does not have much this year either except for that big pile of dougnuts on his desk.

I would rather see a game against UCF than any 1-AA team, and even with UCF's goose-egg record, they are still better than FAU & FIU at this time.

Other states have dominating rivalries - look at Purdue & Indiana.  Purdue has clobbered IU for so long that most Hoosiers cannot remeber when they last won the game.  However, they still play the game on a regular basis.