• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I just looked at the starting line-ups

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  35
  • Days Won:  0

and honestly think we are better according to the data that I am seeing.  Our starters seem more highly touted out of high school, and player for player, we seem better.  No flame, just fact.  Thanks ahead of time for illustrating why my analysis is incorrect.  Oh, by the way, last year is over.  We need to focus on the here and now.   ;D

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

No flame, just fact?  LOL!  Get a grip buddy, that is nothing more than your kool aid inspired opinion.

• Topic Count:  962
  • Content Count:  9,762
  • Days Won:  9

SadUCF, I can't see you guys being better than many out there.  16 straight losses ought to tell you that.  Not ragging, just opinion.  I saw your game against South Carolina, and while it impressed me, there are some serious flaws, and thats why UCF has lost 16 straight.  Should be a pretty close game though, I say USF by 13.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

and honestly think we are better according to the data that I am seeing.  Our starters seem more highly touted out of high school, and player for player, we seem better.  No flame, just fact.

Kind of hard to refute such an ironclad analysis as that .....

Oh, by the way, last year is over.  We need to focus on the here and now.   ;D

Since, in reality, we've each only played one game and one of your more astute fans has stated that you can't really evaluate after the first game, I guess we're just going to have to wait until Saturday evening around 10:30 to see who's better this year ....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  35

SadUCF, I can't see you guys being better than many out there.  16 straight losses ought to tell you that.  Not ragging, just opinion.  I saw your game against South Carolina, and while it impressed me, there are some serious flaws, and thats why UCF has lost 16 straight.  Should be a pretty close game though, I say USF by 13.

We had an unbelievable amount of guys hurt last year, and were the youngest team in the country as far as starters.  It got so bad in terms of injuries that we converted our wide-outs to cornerbacks.  It also wasn't O'Leary's team last year as far as his systems, etc.  I think we win because man for man, we just seem stronger.  Look at the starting rosters for clarification.  Thoughts?

• Topic Count:  339
  • Content Count:  3,692

Why is UCFKnight sad?

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874

Because without his koolaid, he knows that number 17 occurs in a couple days!  Koolaid, the official sportsdrink of UCF fans everywhere! ;D

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I like koolaid.

You know who else has teams without highly touted talent?  Iowa.

And you know what?  Texas has had better recruits every year than OU, although this is the FIRST year that might show on the field in a long long time!

The reality about touted recruits is that outside of those national greats such as leak, wright, etc, nobody really knows how the kid is going to do in college.

Think about it.  An average guy can add 100 pounds to his bench in a year, prolly 150 to squat, if there's still room to grow (usually is).  That touted freshman might already be that strong and fast, but if he doesnt do things correctly in the game, it wont matter.

Now that other kid who couldnt put up the weights initially can improve across 2-3 years and be far better than any high school player would normally be out of high school...something USF has been surprisingly good at.  A pretty surprising case in point is Pat Julmiste, who looks much better than 4 star QB carlton hill or 3 star pocket passer matt grothe right now.  PJ was NOT a 3 or 4 star athlete at QB!!!

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

and honestly think we are better according to the data that I am seeing.  Our starters seem more highly touted out of high school, and player for player, we seem better.  No flame, just fact.  Thanks ahead of time for illustrating why my analysis is incorrect.  Oh, by the way, last year is over.  We need to focus on the here and now.   ;D

More highly touted talent?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for the good laugh.....and that is a fact!