• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alternate Tailgating Sites?

Guest The Knight Angler

Guest The Knight Angler

Looking forward to the game, but am concerned about the tailgating.  Sorry to hear you guys don't get an opportunity to tailgate for more than 3 hours at the stadium.  

It normally takes us 45 minutes to unload and set up and about the same to break down.  If we head into the game 30 minutes b4 kickoff, that only leaves an hour to cook/eat/play.  It doesn't seem worth it.  

Are there other places near the stadium that people who like to tailgate for 6-7 hours would normally go to?  Or is it just not feasible?  

If it isn't feasible to tailgate nearby b4 the game, my next choice would be to tailgate on the water (bringing the boats) and then get to the stadium around 5:30.  We could then walk the parking lot and meet the fans for a few cold ones b4 heading in.  So the next question is can we get decent parking at 5:30?

Thanks for the help.  Hope for a great game,

The Knight Angler

The former Tampa Bay Center Mall (corner of MLK and Himes) is not technically open, but it's not really locked either.  You could get there earlier than 4:00pm.

Depending on the size of your group, you could also meet up with the Bull Backers crew -- (see http://www.bullbackers.com/tailgating.htm) ... we'll probably start early for the UCF -- like around 1:00... and if you want to partake in our food, all you would need to do is RSVP ahead of time and bring $5 plus your own beer...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

Jim, what is the deadline for RSVPing  and how easy/hard is it to become a member?

• Topic Count:  158
  • Content Count:  711

Man....I can't believe this!  How do you all enjoy the games not being able to tailgate 3 hours prior?

Our group was planning on being there no later than 12pm!!  Man!  Hopefully you will be able to open up earlier around 1pm or so.

Jim, what is the deadline for RSVPing  and how easy/hard is it to become a member?

Becoming a member is easy. You can pay via Pay Pal on our website... or you can bring a check to any of our events (listed on the website.)

Membership is $25 per person (we also have a $40 joint membership for couples).... You get access to the Bull Backers board here on The Bulls Pen, tailgate for free at the Cincinnati game (still BYOB), and park at our lot for $2.50 instead of $10.  we tailgate earlier than 4:00pm and you CAN throw footballs around at our lot.

As for RSVP'ing to our tailgates, we appreciate people who let us know as early as possible the week of a game... but  our tailgate captain (BULLheaded) usually buys the supplies on Friday afternoon or Saturday morning.... and the RSVP gives us a ballpark of how many people will be there.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

from another post parking will be open on the south side at 2:00

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1126115155

Guest S.  Bien
Man....I can't believe this!  How do you all enjoy the games not being able to tailgate 3 hours prior?

Our group was planning on being there no later than 12pm!!  Man!  Hopefully you will be able to open up earlier around 1pm or so.

I don't know, we just bow down to you, and watch you guys go to town.

It's really cute and all to be their at 12PM for a 7PM game, however, considering the time of the game that's even early for a Bucs tailgater.  If you started drinking at Noon I doubt many of your party would be in any condition to enter the game.

3 hours prior isn't awful, and there are other altneratives some of us diehards use.

Guest S.  Bien
from another post parking will be open on the south side at 2:00

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1126115155

2PM, that's only four hours that just isn't good enough for the God's of Tailgate, aka UCF Fans.  

Four hours is the time they give for the Bucs, and is customary for most tailgating sites.  If it takes someone 45min to an hour to set-up for tailgate then someone needs to stream line.  I can understand if that 45 mins includes cooking, but **** I've put up a tent, chairs, table, and set out food for 12 people in 15min (with help of course, and closed it down in about 20min max!  

To bad more people in Orlando aren't aware of their traditions.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

What about HCC? Are those lots controlled by TSA and don't open until the regular ones do?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

For Bucs games, HCC opens 4 hours before game time and costs $20.  Not sure who controls it nor what they do for Bulls games.