• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Erickson, this is unbelievable

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

:o ummmm....if we could land Erickson, that would be huge for the program...don't get me wrong i think leavitt is a great coach, just don't know if he can lead us to a national championship, he just seems like one of those coaches whos not going to go any where but would make a good mid-major coach.  get Erickson and you have a guy whos competed against the best and with the best teams in the nation, with a few championship rings, it wouldn't hurt to have him on the sidelines

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

man, i hope we pull him in.. that would be AMAZING.. i mean, a championship coach, coaching back in the sunshine state for a big east program again.. if anyone knows how to do it, it would be him.. i mean, the guy plucked CHAD JOHNSON out of miami and brought him to freakin oregon state, for crying out loud

.. or butch davis  ;D he pulled clinton portis out of the gators' backyard and brought him to miami

:o ummmm....if we could land Erickson, that would be huge for the program...don't get me wrong i think leavitt is a great coach, just don't know if he can lead us to a national championship, he just seems like one of those coaches whos not going to go any where but would make a good mid-major coach.  get Erickson and you have a guy whos competed against the best and with the best teams in the nation, with a few championship rings, it wouldn't hurt to have him on the sidelines

ya, watching these past couple of years, where USF has actually played against some decent competition, i dont know if CJL is qualified for the bigtime... dont get me wrong, i appreciate everything he's done, but all he's proven to me is that he's a good RECRUITER.. but USF needs more than just a recruiter, it needs a good COACH.. someone who can devise a plan of attack and who can get the team pumped up..

afterall, we saw what good RECRUITERS who arent good COACHES get you (i.e. ron zook)

• Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741

Butch Davis, now that is a thought.

Butch Davis, now that is a thought.

i brought up butch in a previous thread.. he'd be an amazing coach as well.  i mean, he brought miami from the dregs of probation and brought in the talent to win a nat'l championship (actually coker won the championship WITH butch's players, but butch got snubbed the year before out of the national championship)  and last time i checked, butch is just sitting on his ass trying to figure out what to do next

this isnt a slam on leavitt, but i dont think its ever too early to upgrade your program.. its like upgrading from your highschool sweetheart to a ******* supermodel.  i mean, i was skeptical about USF going into the Big East so early without spending much time in CUSA, but now i realize every opportunity you have to build up your program, you should take and not look back

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Leavitt is staying ... and we WILL be a Champion !

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  106

He is not so great a coach. He took over a UM team that was head and shoulders above any team in the country and far more talented. When he left, they were much worse off. His schemes were one dimensional and his success was more a product of prior coaches efforts than his. His stint in the NFL was less than favorable. I don't want this guy. Let's see how Leavitt does over the next 2 years. This year is a rebuilding year and our first in the BE.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  106

I am referring to to Erickson.

Butch Davis rebuilt UM and restored credibility. Erickson's regime included behavior issues and controversy.

Davis is a tremendous recruiter and coach. And he ran a relatively clean UM program.

I am still a fan of Leavitt and he is still on course.

I am referring to to Erickson.

Butch Davis rebuilt UM and restored credibility. Erickson's regime included behavior issues and controversy.

Davis is a tremendous recruiter and coach. And he ran a relatively clean UM program.

I am still a fan of Leavitt and he is still on course.

i'd disagree with that comment on erickson.. dont get me wrong, i'd much rather have butch because of his recent success in the state, and the fact that he brought up miami from probation, and he's got a more recognizable name for football players in high school right now..

dont forget, dennis erickson took OREGON STATE that had set an NCAA record 28-straight losing seasons to the fiesta bowl (2001) in only 2 years!  in that game, he completely destroyed notre dame 41-9

regardless, he's an amazing college coach and a crappy nfl coach (like most college coaches are), but i'd love to have him or butch on staff

personally, i wouldnt want to wait around for leavitt to get us to a 7-5 record and a bid to the WhoGivesACrap.com Bowl.. USF has the potential to pull enough talent to win the Big East in 3 years, and if we can get a coach who can get us there and who is proven to, why wait?