• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ah,that's the seth i know

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

getting stomped by pitt

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I didn't realize he was supposed to beat a potential #1 seed with a first year team that is short handed and full of freshmen

Guest S. Bien

Yeah but after reading this board I would think that Seth is capable of nothing short of a miracle. ;D

Speaking of shockers (not really), it looks St. Joe's and those holy rollers are about to lose their #1 ranking, and #1 seed- as if I ever felt those guys deserved to be as highly ranked, or as well received.  Right now with 17 minutes left in their second round A-10 match-up against Xavier SJ is losing 47-21.  

I still say that with a healthy dose of Big East, ACC, or C-USA scheduling that St. Joe's would have 5 loses by their name.  Its that weak ass schedule, and a bunch of A-10 basketball.  They did beat Gonzaga, and overhyped Boston U, and barily beat BC, but after that the schedule is uninspiring to say the least.  If they were in the BE they would have been trucked by Pitt, Uconn, and Providence.

probably right if they were in the big east, but beating Zag and BC still makes them worthy of whatever seed they get.  Zag will be a #1 seed and they beat them... so i'd bet SJ's will be a #2 and make it to the sweet 16... after that... :o  who knows!

Guest S. Bien
probably right if they were in the big east, but beating Zag and BC still makes them worthy of whatever seed they get.  Zag will be a #1 seed and they beat them... so i'd bet SJ's will be a #2 and make it to the sweet 16... after that... :o  who knows!

My feeling on the Zags is very similar to St. Joes.   Many believe that C-USA is one of the top 4 conferences this year in overall power.   Its hard to look at a small mid-major conference and see a team like the Zags, or St. Joes when we all know that 75% of their schedule would be coast wins for many of our C-USA brethren, and are hardly worthy of mention.

You can never count out a team with a good back court, especially one as good as Nelson and West.  That alone means they could win any game against any team.  Teams like Pitt, USM, Depaul, or even missouri can cause trouble for SJ because of good interior play.

I definitely am not gonna argue for Gonzaga, i know they'll be a #1, but i've always picked against them (unsuccessfully) in my brackets.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

it is a great day

Guest S.  Bien

MikeG, your long winded dissertation is mind numbing and misses the point of my post.  I was simply being tongue and cheek about how much people have been bragging and primping ole Seth on this board.

But if you want to go on the poor Seth, down with all these anti-Seth folks post then I will counter your post with an opposite view:

As for Seth, I never wanted to go down this road, but if you talk to anyone in the Alumni Association, faculty, and administration the entire University basically believes that its good riddance.  The guy did some all right things, which is about all you can say for his tenure at USF, but the problems he created behind the scenes drove the administration crazy.  He leaves behind a few supporters because he was quite affable, and jovial, but in the end the guy did little for the program.  Other than put our name on the street a bit more, of course those same Seth Sympathizing reporters like Andy Katz, and Jim Rome threw USF under the bus once Seth departed for "Greener Pastures."  Frankly, he over stayed his welcome, and everyone believed, including Seth, that it was time to go.

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  401
  • Days Won:  0

Bien you seem a smart guy but sometimes you have no clue what you are talking about. I would like to buy you for a beer before or after the next football game, or maybe even lunch before then. Email me: dmincberg@acosta.com

Looking forward to it,

Dave

Guest S. Bien
Bien you seem a smart guy but sometimes you have no clue what you are talking about. I would like to buy you for a beer before or after the next football game, or maybe even lunch before then. Email me: dmincberg@acosta.com

Looking forward to it,

Dave

Dave,

Interesting for you to say that...  I guess those people I spoke with on Monday evening were crazy.   Seth's welcome was wore out with the school, he had some friends but by and large the alumni were ready to run him out, and some were preparing to do just that at the end of last season.

For you to say otherwise makes me question, but I'll e-mail you to discuss.