• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attention Atheltic Department!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

I stood through a freaking monsoon in Birmingham last year.  It was a nationally televiesed game, and I didn't get a free shirt!

Just like you said, the play on the field will establish our presence to the football world.  Not a bunch of shirts in the stands.

I was there with you bro...I was just hoping that the overhang would help keep us dry to no avail.  Good memory though.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Hey Guys:

Just here to confirm we will not be supplying shirts for fans in attendance at PSU.  We have at two games that I remember in the past (OK, AL) but are focusing our limited budgets on other projects (such as building a few new facilities that we are in desperate need of...see Softball, Baseball, Soccer, etc.).

I don't know of any other major program in the country that provides shirts for their fans when they go to a football road game.  Some will do it at a home game, but I don't know of any instances of it being done at a road game except the two times we have done it.

I would encourage everyone to wear green and gold and we will hopefully in the future look at doing the shirt giveaway on occasion.  Thanks everyone for your support and we will see you at PSU.

Eric

P.S.  We have sold between 600-700 tickets plus the tickets provided for student-athletes which gets us right near 1,000.  FYI!

Thanks to Eric for backing my points from earlier in this thread

:P :P

Hey Guys:

Just here to confirm we will not be supplying shirts for fans in attendance at PSU.  We have at two games that I remember in the past (OK, AL) but are focusing our limited budgets on other projects (such as building a few new facilities that we are in desperate need of...see Softball, Baseball, Soccer, etc.).

I don't know of any other major program in the country that provides shirts for their fans when they go to a football road game.  Some will do it at a home game, but I don't know of any instances of it being done at a road game except the two times we have done it.

I would encourage everyone to wear green and gold and we will hopefully in the future look at doing the shirt giveaway on occasion.  Thanks everyone for your support and we will see you at PSU.

Eric

P.S.  We have sold between 600-700 tickets plus the tickets provided for student-athletes which gets us right near 1,000.  FYI!

Eric,

Would the Athletic Department have any problem if a group wanted to do this? If a group was able to obtain a sponsor who paid for it, would we need to work with the university? (Obviously, the Tampa Tribune or Pepsi would not be good sponsors to approach given the fact that their competitors are supporting USF).

Not that I know anyone planning this... just asking for hypothetical reasons.

There might be a group that wants to do it for Auburn next year -- and it would be nice to know the official policy on this.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Hey Jim:

It's something I'm sure we would be open to.  It would need to go through us though if you are going to use any of the official logos.  There's nothing stopping someone from handing out gold t-shirts at the PSU game as long as they don't use the official logos without permission.

If you know of someone we can certainly work with them on some things.  Thanks Jim.

Eric

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  64

Why not just send out a flyer with the color to wear.  since it would be impossible to hand out 100k t-shirts penn state just sends out messages of what color to wear for the game.  they advertise it on the website and send out mass emails and coaches mention it in interviews.  It pretty effective way of doing it at a low cost.  Other schools have done fund raisers at games and sold shirts.  People tend to be more willing to buy it knowing it going to a good source.  They sell the shirts cheap, like $8 with all profits going to the United ect.  It amazing how many more shirts you can sell when you say it for charity.  Another way to get out alot of free shirts with your school's logo is have credit card company give them out for siging up for a credit card.  People are suckers for free shirts, especially college students.

as far as sponsors a good one to target are insurance companies.  since state farm is an official sponsor of ABC college football they are advertised extensively during games.  To counter that many isurance companies like to do promotions.  For example   nationwide past few years have handed out white penn state towels to all fans with PSU logo on one side and nationwide on the other.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

I think it's great that our fans want matching shirts for away games...perhaps instead of soliciting the athletic department for "free gear," a couple hundred fans traveling together should have an official shirt made, with approval of the logo.  Get me a couple hundred people who want shirts and a license to print em and we'll be in business! :)

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  118

1000+ Bulls fans in USF Hawaiian shirts. AWESOME! ;D