• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF gets ranked by US World News/Princeton Review

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

These things ALWAYS turn inot a pissing match .... Case in point, and as pointed out, this is the State of Florida College Athletics Board ....

Tons of Academic information has been posted on the "South Florida Bulls Athletics Main Board" and the "State of Florida College Athletics Board"....so that's why I posted this info here.

I didn't think it was a big deal....guess I was wrong.

KL

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

As long as it isn't a pissing match, which it shouldn't be, there shouldn't be a problem.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

These rankings are not the be-all, end-all, it's more of a "blow your own horn" thing where the schools who lobby to US News the hardest get the higher rankings. The schools at the top tend to "massage" certain statistics to appear to be better than everyone else.

FIT - I just finished an online graduate certificate from there.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

These rankings are not the be-all, end-all, it's more of a "blow your own horn" thing where the schools who lobby to US News the hardest get the higher rankings. The schools at the top tend to "massage" certain statistics to appear to be better than everyone else.

FIT - I just finished an online graduate certificate from there.

They were when you guys were ranked higher.  Right?

Just like the APR.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

It's a very good school.

They focus mostly on Engeering/Space Technology.

Also, FIT was one of the main reasons why little FTU wanted to change their name.

Info on FIT:

http://www.fit.edu/

I didn't say that FIT was a ....bad.... school. A couple of years ago we had a two of their undergraduates doing summer fellowships in our department. However I was just surprised that they their total package ranked them above usf and UCF et al.

Just surprising....

Imagine if the State of Florida actually funded their Universities at a mediocre level.

The state is slowly fixing that with their budget increase this year.  I know UCF had a major budget increase.  Also, I don't think student population changed all that much, which all in all, is a good thing.

Guest toolio
The state is slowly fixing that with their budget increase this year.  I know UCF had a major budget increase.  Also, I don't think student population changed all that much, which all in all, is a good thing.

Yeah. That is a major factor. What's keeping Florida from rising is the student to teacher ratio. Florida continues to grow (49,000 this fall) and can't get that ratio down. If that ratio drops, expect Florida to rise rather quickly. UF has sat around 50 for about 5-10 years now.

With as much room as UCF has to grow, it wouldn't surprise me if they become the biggest state school within 10 years. I don't know how much room USF has to grow, but FSU has none and UF's core campus is packed and getting more dense every year.

UCF has enough room to become the largest in the country.  I believe UT-Austin and Ohio State are the big 2 at over 55k.  I don't see how UCF can't reach that if the brass wanted to become that big.

I believe both UF and UCF are top 10 with USF up there too.  I don't know how much room UF and USF have on their main campuses.

Guest toolio

Space at UF is at a premium. It's a huge campus but most of the available space is either designated for the college of agriculture or too far away from the core of campus.

map.jpg

President Machen doesn't want the school to grow anymore. We'll see how successful he is. UF has been asking to stop the growth for more than a decade... they've only succeeded in slowing it to about 7,000 in the last 10 years and shifting much of that growth into grad schools.