• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lake Howell

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

They are LOADED.

We just lost one of Reggie's kids to FSU.

Lake Howell forward chooses FSU

Junior Chandler Parsons gives an oral commitment to the Seminoles.

Buddy Collings | Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted August 17, 2005

Chandler Parsons still has two more high school basketball seasons to play with Lake Howell teammate Nick Calathes. But they already know they'll be on opposite sides of a feisty college rivalry.

Parsons, a 6-foot-7, 185-pound junior forward known for his ability to shoot the ball, orally committed to Florida State on Tuesday -- after Calathes, a 6-5 junior guard who was selected to the Class 5A all-state team last season, pledged his allegiance to the Gators in late April.

Parsons called FSU assistant coach Dan Jones at the end of the school day Tuesday to let him know he was sold on the Seminoles.

"Nick and I have joked around a little bit with that, Seminoles and Gators," Parsons said Tuesday. "I'm just happy for him, and I'm sure he's really happy for me."

Oral commitments are non-binding until players sign letters-of-intent as seniors.

Parsons is the fourth Class of 2006 player to make a promise to FSU -- joining point guard Josue Soto of Jacksonville Arlington Country Day, shooting guard Aaron Holmes of St. Petersburg Catholic and 7-footer Jon Kreft, who played at Parkland Douglas as a sophomore.

"The moment I stepped on the campus I loved it,'' Parsons said. "It's really a family environment up there with the coaches.

"And you can't get much better than playing with the best of the best in the ACC."

Parsons averaged 8.7 points and 4.9 rebounds and shot 51 percent from the floor for Lake Howell's 27-4 Class 5A state semifinal team last season.

Reggie Kohn, coach of the Silver Hawks, said Parsons also received offers from Miami, UCF, USF and Virginia Tech.

Two more Lake Howell juniors are in line to sign with Division I basketball programs.

Point guard Joey Rodriguez (5-10) has offers from UCF and Massachusetts.

John Roberson (5-11) has an offer from Appalachian State and, according to Kohn, is being eyed by USF, where Kohn started at point guard.

Buddy Collings can be reached at bcollings@orlandosentinel.com or at 386-851-7912.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/recruiting/orl-hsparsons1705aug17,0,4981140.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines-recruit

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

and vice versa... reg already said he would have no problem directing players to both VT and USF.

and vice versa... reg already said he would have no problem directing players to both VT and USF.

And after you know who lambasted him un mercilessly for saying that Reggie STOPPED posting here forever.

you know what they say... "one bad egg... "   ;)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

Be careful how you use the term "directing."

As a Coach, Kohn has to do what is best for his kids, not his alma mater.

That is why i have no problem "directing" players to va tech.  If the kid is a better fit elsewhere, or doesn't want to be here... by all means he should go where he wants to be

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I don't know who.  Who lambasted Reggie ?  For not posting?  

I don't know who.  Who lambasted Reggie ?  For not posting?  

Smazza lambasted Reggie on here for saying that he would have no problem recommending a kid to play for Seth at VT. Reggie also said he'd recommend USF to his his kids as well, but that apparently made no difference and he continued his usual diatribe ad nauseam.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

No wonder no players post on this board like they do at other schools.