• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FOX sports says possible upset....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/3694948

The Schedule: Can USF pull off the upset at Penn State to start things off? With the Nittany Lion offense still trying to get over last year's problems, don't count it out. The next two dates are layups at home against Florida A&M and UCF before a brutal four-game stretch against Louisville, at Miami, at Pittsburgh and West Virginia. Even one win out of the four would be a major coup. Things aren't too bad to close out, but three of the final four games are on the road.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf beating psu

if we start anyone other than pj and do some NEW things on offense and defense comes around

yes usf can do it

would i bet my house? no

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

PSU may have a top five defense and based on the offense we saw in the spring game, USF will need to have made incredible gains on offense to score aqainst PSU.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I wouldn't bet your house on it either...

Big Ten known to be BIG & SLOW. IF thats the case, I'll be breaking open my bottle of champayne SEPT 3, after the game.

USF 17 PSU 13..................yeah man ! :D :D :D%7Boption%7D[glb][/glb]

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

I dont see where Fox Sports talks about us possibly upsetting them, it seems to say quite the opposite in fact.

And why do they have Verpaele ranked as the 4th best player on the team, even ranking him ahead of Tim Jones and Terrance Royal, am I missing something...is he really that good?

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677

I think u have a shot at first game.. a long shot yes... but a shot.. funny things happen in the first week of season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

If there is a player who doesn't KNOW we will beat psu, let him stay in Tampa . . .

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

The slam dunk comment about FAMU and UCF is kind of funny.

Our players better not act like anyone is a "slam dunk" or we may suffer another Army type game.

But I have high hopes for the Bulls. It all starts in Happy Valley.

Guest S.  Bien
I dont see where Fox Sports talks about us possibly upsetting them, it seems to say quite the opposite in fact.

And why do they have Verpaele ranked as the 4th best player on the team, even ranking him ahead of Tim Jones and Terrance Royal, am I missing something...is he really that good?

Danny Verpaele is that good.  You could see it in the spring game, he just has that natural instinct of where the ball is going to be.  His two INT's in the spring game indicated as much, sure they were poorly thrown balls but Danny was in position to make plays.  Not including those INT's, he was also always around the receivers making the catch during the spring game- really demonstrating a feel for where the ball is going (granted it's easier when you know the plays).  

He's like his brother in that respect, a real student of the game, with immense skills that really have just started to get tapped.  Last year he was a smallish freshman that was not physically ready to play SS, but he's such a good player he was the best we had other than Camon.  He's now at his more natural FS, and he's much faster, he's taller, and quicker than his brother- who admits it to everyone.  Imagine how good Kevin was and think if he was an inch and a half taller, and a step quicker, with more speed.