• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Roids and the HOF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Who is willing to say that anyone who hasn't a) been caught (yet) or B) admitted using them, is somehow above all of this? STeroids have been pervasive throughout baseball for at least a decade. Palmiero merely got caught doing what everyone else is doing. It is ridiculous to hold him out as some kind of pariah that shouldn't be in the HOF, while at the same time giving a pass to every other prolific hitter in this day & age.

We need to look at the steroid era for what it is - a cheap ploy by players, owners (who looked the other way) and Bud Selig, etc. to artificially raise production in an effort to win back fans following the despicable strike & subsequent cancellation of the World Series in 1994.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I have to disagree.  I don't think Palmiero is a pariah, but he got caught and shouldn't get in.  The arguement that everyone's doing it doesn't hold water with me.  Not everyone is doing it and to allow those who get caught to be in the hall, condones it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,658
  • Days Won:  29

I think the only way things will change is when MLB players start screaming about it ...

It's amazing that guys on 'roids beat players out of playing time and MONEY, and the "normal" players (who would have to be the majority) are just staying quiet through this ordeal ...

???

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Screw cheaters... i don't care how many people did them... cheating is cheating.