• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

6-7 JC Forward Edwin Jeudy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Russ Wood‏ @RussHoops

Gillette College sophomore forward Edwin Jeudy (@EddieJayy14) tells me that he has set a official visit to USF for April 6.

1-on-1 with NCJAA standout Edwin Jeudy

MR. DOUBLE DOUBLE AVERAGED 13 AND 10 FOR GILLETTE, WY

One of the most coveted Canadians playing junior college is 6-foot-7 Edwin Jeudy. This Thetford Academy product from Montreal, QC has just wrapped up his sophomore season at Gillette Community College in Wyoming. A campaign that saw his Pronghorns finish their season at 27 and 4. An instrumental Jeudy averaged an eye-opening double-double -- 13 points and 10.5 rebounds per game --  significant strides statistically from his freshman season that saw him average 11.2 points and 8.4 rebounds per game.  

In two seasons under Pronghorns head coach Shawn Neary, Jeudy played a part in 59 victories. However, in last weeks Region IX Tournament quarterfinals, the Pronghorns were upset by Trinidad State ending their season prematurely. Verification came Monday when they were omitted from the National Tournament selection process despite their 27-4 campaign. 

Junior College is for dogs. If you can return home with a double-double to your name that means you are a junkyard dog. Is Jeudy meaner than a junkyard dog? Canadian Ballers tossed it up with Mr. Double Double last week ahead of his conference tournament. 

CB: Monster season. Especially on the glass. Anything you have done specifically to improve statistically the way you have?

EJ: Well, last summer in 2017 I did a lot of workouts to improve my game, I had a great trainer called “Empire Basketball” he did a great job to keep me in shape over the summer but I improve on so many aspects on my game especially my jump shot. From my freshman year to sophomore year at Gillette, I can tell there a huge difference in my shooting percentage.

CB: The stretch this season of six straight double-doubles. What is your secret to corralling so many boards? Is that something you saw your self-doing ahead of the season?

EJ: I always knew I could be good on the glass. It’s just a question of mindset and giving all I got on the court. There no secrets pretty much, bring a lot of energy on the court and be hungry for the rebounds. Because of that, it helps my teams a lot.

CB: Some say you're a wing. Do you prefer a position? Any players past or present, pro or collegiately you model your game after?

EJ:  I consider myself a 3 and 4 or just a stretch 4. Because I can do both well. But I would do anything that a coach tells me to do on the court. I could say like our famous Canadian rebounder Tristan Thompson with some touch of  Draymond Green.

CB: Earlier in your career you were linked as a point guard, is that something you like to demonstrate from the forward position these days?
Is a point forward something you could be classified as or are you more of a scorer first?

EJ: Well I always wanted to be a point guard since a was a kid but I fall to be a forward because I found out I could be very good in this position. Could say more Point Forward, I love passing the ball to my teammates and also love to make them look good by passing the ball to them.

Read entire article by clicking the link below thanks

https://www.canadianballers.com/news_article/show/897272?referrer_id=1545180

• 2 weeks later...

19 hours ago, bulls phanatic said:

Did he have the visit?

Not that I know of. Looks like his recruitment is in a holding mode right now. The guy that USF really wants is Fredericks, a Tampa native, who visited last weekend. 

JucoRecruiting.com‏ @JucoRecruiting

Edwin Jeudy (6’7, F, 2018) of Gillette College has committed to Lamar

12:14 PM - 17 Apr 2018