• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls vs. Army Series

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

BULLS PLAY THREE AGAINST ARMY IN FINAL NON-CONFERENCE SERIES

Matchups: USF (12-6) vs. Army (7-9)
Dates: Friday, March 16 – Sunday, March 18
Times: 7 p.m. | 6:30 p.m. | 1 p.m.
Follow: Stats | Listen

TAMPA, MARCH 15, 2018 – The University of South Florida baseball team will face Army West Point in the year's final non-conference series, set to begin Friday at 7 p.m.  

The Bulls (12-6) have won five-straight games and are 2-0 to start the week with wins over FGCU and Jacksonville. Junior Joe Genord (Lake Worth, Fla.) is hitting .471 during the streak with four doubles, two homers and eight RBI. Classmate David Villar (Pembroke Pines, Fla.) continues to bash and is hitting .444 with two doubles, seven runs scored and five RBI over the last five games.

USF will have the same rotation as last weekend on the mound, as Shane McClanahan (Cape Coral, Fla.) goes Friday, Peter Strzelecki (Lake Worth, Fla.) goes Saturday and Alec Wisely(Jacksonville) goes Sunday.  

???????McClanahan is one of seven pitchers in the nation that has yet to allow an earned run this season. His 41 strikeouts are fourth in the country. Strzelecki was named to The American Weekly Honor Roll on Monday. He has surrendered 12 hits and two runs with 25 strikeouts over his last three starts.  

SERIES HISTORY

The Bulls and Black Knights will meet for the first time since 2006, and Friday's matchup marks the 18th in the series dating back to 1978. USF owns a 13-4 edge and has won nine of the last 11 games. All 17 meetings have been in Tampa. 

SCOUTING REPORT

The Black Knights have been in Florida all week and played the third game in as many days in DeLand before coming to Tampa for the weekend. Army split with Stetson the last two nights and fell to Rhode Island on Thursday to currently sit at 7-9 on the year. The Black Knights took 2-of-3 from Maryland, defeated Michigan and Boston College, all regional teams a year ago.

Army is led by a pair of .300 hitters, as Jon Rosoff sports the best average at .321. John McKenna is hitting .320 with three doubles and a team-high 11 RBI.
Matt Ball, Tyler Giovinco and Sam Messina have been Army's primary starters this season with four apiece. Ball leads the team with 28 strikeouts.

NOTA-BULLS
  • Villar is hitting a team-high .413 and ranks seventh in the nation with nine doubles.
  • USF leads the country with 54 doubles on the year and leads The American in scoring at 6.9 runs per game.
  • Duke Stunkel Jr. (Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.) and JD Dutka (Suwanee, Ga.) have both hit .333 over the last five games with two doubles each. Dutka has five RBI over the stretch.
  • USF's 175 hits on the year are tops in The American.
  • The Bulls have had 10 or more hits in 10 games this season.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

Going to get my first live look at the team tonight. Go Bulls!!

So apparently I can’t take a picture on my phone small enough to upload, but, I got great seats and we are having a great start. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

14 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

So apparently I can’t take a picture on my phone small enough to upload, but, I got great seats and we are having a great start. 

I’ll try to fix that.  

Late, but here is the lineup and info

Looks like no Facebook video. 

Shane is in usual form. Idk his pitch count but he hasn’t labored at all this game. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I’ll try to fix that.  

I feel like I have done it before. I’m not sure why its happening now 

Shane strikes out a record 15 hitters tonight and called it a night with a no-no still going. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

Ragsdale was great in relief. The pitchers combined for 22 K’s tonight. #dominating 

Edited by BrassBulls12

Genord’s HR could best be described as a missile, and Zech’s was nothing short of towering. Both were no doubters though. Very good night offensively, a lot quality at bats.