• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Whos going to Penn State?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

I'll be there, but I'm getting in on a red eye (via Dulles) that arrives Saturday morning around 11 am.  Anybody know when the pregame festivities will begin for USF fans?  

Also, is anything on tap for Sunday?  United cancelled their 11 am flight out of State College, so now I either have to go at 6 am or at 3 pm.  I don't want to hang out all afternoon if people are all going to be gone already...

USFFan

Don't rush your trip.  Since you won't have much time to tailgate before the game.  Depending on what time your flight arrive it will probally be a 45 min drive to the hotel.  The airport is near the staduim, the problem is that the direct routes from the airport to the hotels are closed for parking traffic.  So by the time you check in and get back to the staduim it could verywell be aroun 2.  I would highly recommend hanging out around the staduim after the game and enjoying the post game taigate.  Then go downton and enjoy the bars.  There is plety to fill up the next day untill your 3pm flight.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

I am flying up to BWI on Friday night and driving to half way to State College.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Cyber,im flying into BWI on Friday and staying In Harrisburg that night.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

i'm flying into BWI and driving through to State College Fri night....flight from Tampa around 6:00, I think.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

i'm flying into BWI and driving through to State College Fri night....flight from Tampa around 6:00, I think.

I think we are on the same flight....

There are going to be a lot of Bulls fans on that flight. Maybe we can all get together and grab some dinner after we land.

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585

Don't rush your trip.  Since you won't have much time to tailgate before the game.  Depending on what time your flight arrive it will probally be a 45 min drive to the hotel.  The airport is near the staduim, the problem is that the direct routes from the airport to the hotels are closed for parking traffic.  So by the time you check in and get back to the staduim it could verywell be aroun 2.  I would highly recommend hanging out around the staduim after the game and enjoying the post game taigate.  Then go downton and enjoy the bars.  There is plety to fill up the next day untill your 3pm flight.

45 minutes from the airport?  That sucks.  Thanks for the heads up.

USFFan

on sunday it will be a 5 min drive.  It amazing how efficiently they park cars.  All roads leading to the staduim are two lane so game day they are one way only.  Mid game the reverse direction.  they park more then 25,000 vehicles for one game.

I'm staying at the Penn Stater, so I hope that my proximity to the stadium helps (rather than hurts)...

USFFan

I'm staying at the Penn Stater, so I hope that my proximity to the stadium helps (rather than hurts)...

That will help alot.  You can be from the airport to the hotel in 10 minutes.  Then to the staduim in 15-20.  Most of the hotels are on the otherside of campus.

That will help alot.  You can be from the airport to the hotel in 10 minutes.  Then to the staduim in 15-20.  Most of the hotels are on the otherside of campus.

Thanks, PSU Nut, that makes me feel much better.  I still haven't made the final call on my return flight, but I'm leaning toward the afternoon flight...

USFFan