• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bostic Celtics invite Will McDonald to camp

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Will McDonald, a 6-10 banger out of South Florida who's been playing in Spain, will also be with the Celts for summer league in Las Vegas.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/sportsNews/view.bg?articleid=102671&format=&page=1

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Celtics write new chapter on Reed

By TIM WEISBERG, Standard-Times correspondent

BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics announced late Thursday that they had exercised the team option on the contract of second-year forward Justin Reed.

As per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed. Reed earned $385,277 as a rookie last year.

Reed, a 6-foot-8, 240-pound "power three" selected at No. 40 in the second round of the 2004 NBA Draft, appeared in 23 games for the Celtics last year, averaging 5.3 minutes per game.

The Celtics also announced their roster for the 2005 Reebok Vegas Summer League, which will be held July 6-15 in Las Vegas.

In addition to veterans Reed, Marcus Banks, Al Jefferson, Kendrick Perkins and Delonte West, as well as recent draft picks Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes and Orien Greene, the Celtics signed some interesting names for their summer roster.

Vermont's Taylor Coppenwrath, a 6-9 forward who averaged 25.1 points a game last season for the Catamounts, will be on hand, as well as Georgia Tech guard Will Bynum, who averaged 12.5 points for the Yellow Jackets.

Also joining the Green are 6-8 forward Jeremiah Massey (Kansas State) and 6-10 forward Will McDonald, who has recently been playing in Spain.

NBA TV will televise three Celtics games during the course of the Summer League, all airing a few days after they actually are played: vs. the Suns (airs July 14), vs. the Cavaliers (airs July 16), and vs. the Warriors (airs July 21).

For a complete RVSL schedule, visit Celtics.com or VegasSummerLeague.com.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/07-05/07-02-05/c05sp923.htm

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

Will McDonald, a 6-10 banger out of South Florida who's been playing in Spain, will also be with the Celts for summer league in Las Vegas.

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/sportsNews/view.bg?articleid=102671&format=&page=1

Did Big will really strike anyone as a "banger"?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229

I doubt Will will make the team with Blount and Lafrentz on the roster.

If they somehow did grab him, it would be more as an extra large body for foul trouble situations.  

Then again,

it looks like Big Will avg 18.5 pts, 2.3 assists and 7.5 rebs per game in 04/05 season in only 7 minutes per game avg.  :o

3.5 fouls per game might explain the lack of minutes, but that line is incredible, if i am reading it correctly.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Big Will was a hell of a player during his final year at USF. You have to remember on how far he has come in so short of time. He was basically the waterboy for Seth when he first arrived at USF. I wont be surprised at all if Big Will eventually starts playing in the NBA somewhere down the road because he has some size.

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550

Yeah, Will really transformed his body to become a force in his Senior year. Although I think the word "banger" might not be the best way to describe his game, the way I remember it from when he was at USF. I think if he wants to play in the NBA he will have to be more of a banger.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

If Will has improved as much over the last few years has he did from his frosh to his junior year at South Florida, I can see him competing.  While I despise the Celtics, Chucky's time there made it easier for me to handle seeing a Bull in that uniform.  Good luck to Will.

I'm sure any team would give 7 minutes a game to someone if they could average even a HALF of what his numbers are in europe.  Those #'s are just sick. I know the qty of games is low, but it is stil incredible.