• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JEFF BAISLEY DRAFTED IN 11TH RD BY

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

OAKLAND

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

That was noted already in another thread the other day:

Oakland Selects USF's Baisley In 12th Round

Published: Jun 8, 2005  

LAND O' LAKES - University of South Florida senior third baseman Jeff Baisley, selected Tuesday at around 6:20 p.m., became the second member of his immediate family to be picked in the major-league draft.  

A former Land O' Lakes High standout and son of Gators coach Calvin Baisley, Jeff was chosen in the 12th round by Oakland with the 371st overall pick.  

Older brother Brad, a 6-foot-10 right-handed pitcher, was taken by Philadelphia with the 44th overall pick of the 1998 draft. Brad is out of baseball, recovering from Tommy John surgery.  

Jeff finished among the Conference USA leaders in at least five major offensive categories this season, leading the league with 89 hits and earning a spot on the all-conference second team for a third consecutive year.  

``I'm proud of him and I'm glad he's going to get an opportunity,'' Brad Baisley said. ``I honestly thought since he had such a good season, I thought he was going to get picked a little higher. He didn't, but now he has his chance. That's all you can ask for.'' Eddie Daniels

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGBTW7ZRO9E.html

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

any other players drafted? Brian?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866
  • Days Won:  0

Brian is playing one more year because of his redshirt year.

Jeff is the ultimate Moneyball draftee... puts up good numbers and performs every game with a high obp.  Not surprised at all he ended up in Oakland.  I'm surprised he fell this far.. and I'll be even more surprised if he doesn't wear a MLB uniform someday.  I never seen him hit with a wood bat, but he was an excellent college hitter and extremely good defensively at 3rd.  Good luck Jeff at the next level!