• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Your Guess: Number of football victories in 2005

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160
  • Days Won:  0

Spence,

How often has USF gone north in December to play FB? It is going to be cold. How cold is anyone's guess.  I think Uconn has a HUGE advantage playing at home.

DW

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if the bulls are lucky

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

uconn is another example of a program that has passed the bulls by

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  106

uconn is another example of a program that has passed the bulls by

I am not sure they were ever behind us.  We have beaten them twice, but their program has been around longer, they have always had more funding and they were guaranteed a slot in the Big East before us.  Utah beat Texas A&M last year, but Utah’s "program" is not ahead of Texas A&M's.

8)

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  100

I say we beat FAMU, UCF, Rutgers, Syracuse, Cinn and UCONN + a Bowl win for a total of 7-5.  I really think we can beat Penn State, but I give them the edge being at home.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

That is some list ther Jim. but no way in hell is the Bull going to stomp away with a victory up here at the Rent. Uconn is going to send the Bulls home with leather all softened and broken in  ::goodbye::

DW

DW ... Here are my reasons why USF will winn...

U Conn's inexperienced offensive line...  a true freshman at center (good, but young) and you have no OL depth.   You may have two good running backs, assuming Caully can come back from his injury, but they may have a hard time getting holes.

New starting QB... Although by the end of the year, the new QB will have some real game experience... (current total experience: 4 of 7 for 22 yards)... If Bonislawski can't do it, then it could be trouble.

Defensive troubles, off the field... Five players were arrested over a gun-shot issue... two of them have had their charges tossed, and the other three applied for pre-a trial diversion program... they are currently suspended, and will meet with their coaches soon.  If they are not reinstated, there could be some holes on an otherwise strong defense -- especially in the secondary.

Mostly, I think USF and U Conn are about equal in terms of talent and ability... U Conn's has more experience on defense, and USF has more on offense... I may revise this prediction once the season starts... but right now, I see USF winning a close game (something like 24-21)...

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  160

DW ... Here are my reasons why USF will winn...

U Conn's inexperienced offensive line...  a true freshman at center (good, but young) and you have no OL depth.   You may have two good running backs, assuming Caully can come back from his injury, but they may have a hard time getting holes.

New starting QB... Although by the end of the year, the new QB will have some real game experience... (current total experience: 4 of 7 for 22 yards)... If Bonislawski can't do it, then it could be trouble.

Defensive troubles, off the field... Five players were arrested over a gun-shot issue... two of them have had their charges tossed, and the other three applied for pre-a trial diversion program... they are currently suspended, and will meet with their coaches soon.  If they are not reinstated, there could be some holes on an otherwise strong defense -- especially in the secondary.

Mostly, I think USF and U Conn are about equal in terms of talent and ability... U Conn's has more experience on defense, and USF has more on offense... I may revise this prediction once the season starts... but right now, I see USF winning a close game (something like 24-21)...

JIM, GREAT RESPONSE !! Now we have a debate going where we can each learn something about our two teams. Thanks man. However, I ma going to start a new thread on this if you don't mind. I don't want this thread to be corrupted by Uconn dialogue.  Hmmmmmm, did I say that? Anyway, Could you post this response as a new topic? I will later if you don't get the chance. Right now I am dying of heat stroke. I have been on the hot sun coaching baseball and need a refresher to cool down. It will also give me some time to do a little research.

It is in the 80's up here today. I had kids saying THEY DIDN"T WANT TO PLAY. Has anyone out there who ever coached heard that one before? We up here are not used to the sun and heat. It has been unusually cold and rainy. It was brutal today!!

DW

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I really think it could be anywhere from 4 to 6.  Possibly 7 depending on who we would play in a bowl game.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

dw4uconn, I dont disrespect UCONN by making that prediction.  I actually feel we are pretty evenly matched, but you will  have an advantage with the weather, hopefully we can overcome that.  I am not saying that UCONN is a guranteed win by and means, I am just saying it is a winnable game. If we played each other 10 times the series would probably be 5-5.  I just hope that we take the early lead.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I actually feel we are pretty evenly matched, but you will  have an advantage with the weather, hopefully we can overcome that.

Weather related issues for the UConn game should be referred to this thread:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=BigEast;action=display;num=1117927101