• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hard to find

Guest 19usf96

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Didn't the scoreboard used to have some sort of name for visiting team? Has it always just been "Guest"?

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I remember that after the 2001 Pittsburgh game, the fans who went said the scoreboard was quickly turned off after it ended, so they weren't able to get a photo. So it's likely that none exists for that game.

We need to get some new "scoreboards" though. 2001 @Pitt is really losing its luster. And 2003 Louisville deserves a bigger space inthe pantheon of USF football wins.

Guest Mag P

I don't have the BG game, at least I don't think so, I'll have to double check.  I have Charlotte, South Carolina and MAYBE Cinci.  Again, I'll post them when I go home and find them.

~Margaret

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I remember when we were going to adopt that FSU sod cemetary tradition that I thought a better idea would just be a photo of the team pointing up to the scoreboard, which would show the result of the victory.  Of course the thing would have to stay on long enough to get the team together and snap the photo.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

I don't have the BG game, at least I don't think so, I'll have to double check.  I have Charlotte, South Carolina and MAYBE Cinci.  Again, I'll post them when I go home and find them.

~Margaret

133e.jpg?phUYBhCBfJD9UnHk

I don't know how to post pics so if someone can help me then that'd be nice.  That's the Charlotte game scoreboard.

Guest 19usf96

I found this one on the USF Sarasota website.  It is of the second quarter but  the final score ended up being 29-7, over ESPN/USA Today #25 Bowling Green - November 16, 2002.  

By the way we crushed that team coached by the now famous Urban Meyer [smiley=whip.gif]

13655157603_0_ALB.jpg

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Bulliever might still have some of them, but finding them is a whole other story.

Ain't that the truth...

I have thousands of digital images over the last 6 or 7 years I guess.  The problem is that in moving hosts several of the photo galleries have been taken down.  Also, in moving to Baltimore, then Phoenix and using four different computers I have images everywhere.  I have most backed up on floppy and CD and hope now with our new gallery software, to get all the images I have catalogued by sport and year (and hopefully by game or event) so that we do have a way to go back and get some of these pictures.  I wish I could produce them for you now, but I can not.  I'd like to get this catalogued before football season.  I think I do have a picture of the Pitt scoreboard from 2001.  That is a real photograph given to me by a member here.  If I can locate that, I'll scan it in this weekend.