• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Aren't you tired of losing- I am

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Well I don't know what the Sun Dome needs other than about 25 wins per year...Is it really that bad?  I know it's not an NBA -caliber arena, but the Bulls (ours) are not either.  Except for the scoreboards that need bulb changes and the tired looking seats (so I hear)...what is really so bad about it?  The priority needs to be on WINS.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

hmmm, interesting discussion for me to interject my first post into.

Well, I'm going to be entering USF in the fall, but I've lived my entire life up here in North Carolina. As far as facilities go, there really havent been any drastic ones for the teams that upgraded or built new buildings. The exception is probably WF basketball. Before they played at the LJVM Coliseum, they were constantly the doormats of ACC hoops. NC State, with a new building, is starting to rise back to where they were. Duke and UNC are, well, Duke and UNC. UNC upgraded the fb stadium, but still cant get past the middle of the pack. NC State totally overhauled there stadium too, and they couldnt get higher than 4th in the old ACC. Theres grumblings that if Duke doesnt do something about fb, then they might get the Temple heave-ho (just for fb, of course). It begs the question: how important are facilities? I would think that with the best stadium in the NFL at their disposal, that would not be a problem for USF. I dunno, what do you think?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  43

Put in a nice baseball stadium and recruits will come.   UCF only averaged 100-200 when we played in old stadium.  Now we can get 600-800 hundred a normal basis.  Sometimes even hitting 1,500-2,000.   I'm sure recruits would rather play in a nice new stadium with people in it.   You guys are in a great area for college baseball recruits.  No reason not to be a top 25 team at least every other year.    ***For the record you guys blasted ECU today if you didn't notice***

Build it and they will come.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  17

There are good points on both sides of this argument. It's the "chicken or the egg" question. I've known Bergman(UCF Coach) since he started at Seminole CC in Lake Mary. He's been a winner everywhere he's been.Was head coach at UF and got a raw deal there-politics.  His teams have played in cow pastures and he now has a beautiful facility which is going to be improved after only  a few years removed from being built.

Good coaches can coach in any environment. Duke's basketball facility is awful(been there and in the locker rooms). Great coaching and tradition gets the recruits. The baseball field is equally as bad but the coaching is below average and the sport has no tradition-get some topline players but not enough to compete in the ACC.

Miami's facility-baseball is better than USF's but is still nothing to write home about. Tradition and coaching get the recruits.

Auburn's field-best in the country-just changed head coach this year because they could not get past a regional among other things.

Clemson-beautiful facility, great coach-easy to recruit-same at FSU, UF.

Tampa area has some of the best HS baseball in the country and USF does get its share of top players. Are they developed to the max once they get to college? Maybe that's the question that needs to be asked.

All I know is that the Bulls are playing in a High School stadium and regardless of whether it helps or hurts recruiting it's an embarrassment to the University of South Florida to host Conf USA teams and next year

Big East teams in such a pitiful facility.

I had to wait for the guy to finish in the urinal next to me because I couldn't get by on Saturday. 3 stalls and the third is blocke by the other two ???

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

See...................It was great we beat the gaYtors for a mid weel sweep which did nothing for us but give us bragging rights, but a weekend sweep to southern miss when it really counts, EC gotta go