• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are you kidding me?  More arrests reported...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

If those in charge of these kids don't start enforcing the rules, the plague will continue.  

Mitch, the problem is that the season is over and the coaches have minimal contact with the athletes.  The role of the coach is to foster a general environment where the players recognize that if they do something out of bounds, they will be punished for it.  Coach Fernandez, or any of our other coaches for that matter, can't hold these kids' hands 24/7/52.  This is the first problem I've heard as far as women's players getting trouble, and I don't think we have control issues in that program.  Additionally, I'm interested in seeing what exactly happens legally, if this is a situation where the players weren't really doing anything wrong.  Since it was a party, there were plenty of witnesses for the case.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157
  • Days Won:  0

Honesty,

If they were arrested they probably weren’t angels while talking to the cops.  It's no big deal; there is no problem with getting arrested.  They weren’t doing drugs, they weren’t fighting, from what I understand is that there both 21.  It's the off-season and coach Fernandez isn’t a baby sitter.

We all have to remember their student-athletes.  So they should be treated as such, students first athletes second so what would happen to regular students in this situation, nothing.  Leave it at that, coach will take care of the problem. I’m sure their gunna pay for it in practice.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Honesty,

If they were arrested they probably weren’t angles while talking to the cops.  It's no big deal; there is no problem with getting arrested.  They weren’t doing drugs, they weren’t fighting, from what I understand is that there both 21.  It's the off-season and coach Fernandez isn’t a baby sitter.

We all have to remember their student-athletes.  So they should be treated as such, students first athletes second so what would happen to regular students in this situation, nothing.  Leave it at that, coach will take care of the problem. I’m sure their gunna pay for it in practice.  

Would they be 90 degree angles, more maybe more a "cute".

Cough* !  Forget you saw that.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  157

I didn't know the bullspen.com came with a spell checker... Thanks

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

These are two nice girls who have been model citizens, and I think most of the students on here can vouch that Hillsborough's Finest tend not to be too patient with USF undergrads who gather for malt beverages in mass quantities.  

I'm with Jose... let's wait and see.  This is hardly Brian Fisher Part VI, and they are both 21.  Keep ya head up ladies.

Obstructing an officer without violence??  What officer can't overcome a point guard and a swing backcourt player?  I know Tank has a quick first step, and TWebb has some handles and could cross a cop over, but I mean come on!  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Maybe so...maybe so.  My whole rant was "Oh crap! Not another one!" It just seems that maybe we could catch a break here at USF. I guess if you fart loud enough, you'll get busted, especially if you play sports. I guess my rant was premature, and I was just upset that they got busted. I know the coaches can't be babysitters, but at least tell these kids that if you DO go to parties, you are taking the risk!

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

SPT at least has the decency to report that the charges have been dropped:

Charges against Bulls dropped

TAMPA - Charges against USF's Alana Tanksley and Tristen Webb have been dropped. The two were arrested at a party in April and charged with misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct and obstructing an officer without violence. Coach Jose Fernandez had maintained his players would be cleared. Tanksley averaged 5.1 points as a senior last season. Webb redshirted after knee surgery and will be a senior this fall.

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/06/24/Sports/Baylor_basketball_wil.shtml

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah, glad to see that the SPT continues to give us some real coverage, as opposed to the negative rag in town...