• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are we going to give up the no-huddle?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

Curious, how much do you feel the offense will change now that there will be a new coordinator?

Personally, I'd like to see the no-huddle gone. Yes, it can catch defenses when they aren't ready, but it can also mean a quick 3-and-out and the defense is back on the field.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think we ever actually ran a "no huddle" technically, because we didnt run it right.  The offense would line up rather quickly (as you should in the no huddle) but then everyone would look to the sidelines for the play staring over there for a good 20 seconds or so, and then PJ would go into the snap count.  It kind of defeats the whole purpose of running the no huddle.  

I am looking foward to seeing what changes will come to the offense.  I dont know how much of the playbook will change due to time restraints, but a lot of the intangibles like this and the actual play calling, among other things will most certainly change.  Can't wait.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

I don't think we ever actually ran a "no huddle" technically, because we didnt run it right.  The offense would line up rather quickly (as you should in the no huddle) but then everyone would look to the sidelines for the play staring over there for a good 20 seconds or so, and then PJ would go into the snap count.  It kind of defeats the whole purpose of running the no huddle.  

I am looking foward to seeing what changes will come to the offense.  I dont know how much of the playbook will change due to time restraints, but a lot of the intangibles like this and the actual play calling, among other things will most certainly change.  Can't wait.

The purpose of lining up quickly stops the other team implement situational substitutions.

Yes...a real no huddle will already have a play called (1-some teams call 2-3 plays in a row...2-QB's can call the plays undercenter or in the gun and 3-others have their first 10-15 plays of the game already scripted), but even if you take 15-20 secs to have the entire team stand up look over to the sideline for the play, the other team still has to keep their D on the field and normally can't substitute players.

KL

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

The problem with the Bulls offense wasn't the 'no-huddle'... but that couldn't have helped.  Huddles are important for on-the-field communication... a chance for the leaders to step up and motivate their teammates... when no one talks to each other except on the sidelines, we lose the ability for team leaders to step up.

The only other benefit not mentioned would be that the OC gets a look at how the defense will line up before the play is called.  But if the players can't execute a play, that advantage is lost.

Personally, I would like to see a return to a huddle - even if all 11 guys still look to the sidelines for the formation & play.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

well if PJ is the QB next year, and god I hope he is not, then I say scrap the no huddle bucause he seems to be over welmed with it. Now in saying that If Denson is the QB I think the no Huddle will work my reason why is that Denson remides me alot of Blackwell and He seemed to do just fine.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Maybe if we install the Wing-Tee PJ will feel more at home since that was his highschool offense

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we ran a ridulous offense  that generated no yards,points,excitment or wins

we need to revamp it

we need a strong short passing game to compliment our running game