• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Actual spring attendance: 4,072

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

hey. mea culpa here. i checked with Tampa Sports Authority today to get an actual attendance for Saturday's spring game at RayJay -- the real number of tickets taken at the game -- and it's actually higher than the 3,800 announced as the attendance.

that makes it more than double last year's actual attendance. again, it really didn't look like that when we tried to get a feel for the crowd from the press box, but guy i talked to said there was a steady crawl of people coming in well after kickoff. anyway, i'll have something on this in wednesday's weekly notes, but wanted to post something here since the attendance or perceived lackthereof has been a big topic of debate since saturday.

greg

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

hey. mea culpa here. i checked with Tampa Sports Authority today to get an actual attendance for Saturday's spring game at RayJay -- the real number of tickets taken at the game -- and it's actually higher than the 3,800 announced as the attendance.

that makes it more than double last year's actual attendance. again, it really didn't look like that when we tried to get a feel for the crowd from the press box, but guy i talked to said there was a steady crawl of people coming in well after kickoff. anyway, i'll have something on this in wednesday's weekly notes, but wanted to post something here since the attendance or perceived lackthereof has been a big topic of debate since saturday.

greg

Hey Greg, while you're here, how about an off the record critique of that dweeb's columnist's article in the Oracle?  

Guest S.  Bien

Greg,

Thank you for being a man and giving us the facts!  This is very rare for a reporter to check and give it back to us.  Often they just tell us how it is.

By the way, when you're in a stadium that holds over 65,000, and the fans are sitting in a section that holds nearly 20k it's difficult to get a good perspective on 3,800 fans...come on, who has an eye for that really, in that type of setting 3,800 could just as easily been 500 well positioned fans.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913

TSA just called me back, and they had forgotten to include recruits and other extras in the total, so it's actually a crowd of 4,241 now ...

greg

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,760
  • Days Won:  3

It would be difficult, eyeballin' the crowd, to get an accurate headcount. There were a lot of folks millin' 'round the endzone and we were able to pretty much sit where we wanted.

I really think 4K is a good turnout for the spring game. Not that any of it matters much at all, but it does indicate that "something" happened to make more folks show up than did in the past.

The ideal situation would be to morph that into game-day attendance as well...more than double!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

that was great.

was HILL or GROTE there?

and were they licking their chops?

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

Just curious, but how many does the soccer stadium hold?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

soccer stadium holds around 4k

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

that was great.

was HILL or GROTE there?

and were they licking their chops?

Reportedly...some friends of mine ran into Grothe in the bathroom.  Never really know with these guys but that's what they said.  I would imagine that is a true statement.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874

Doubled up, that is excellent!  Next year, maybe a bit more marketing?