• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ready or not? - Oracle Gets Ugly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76
  • Days Won:  0

i don't neccessarily agree, because we need the students to attend games, events, etc. a lot of students read that paper and we don't need some jack@ss reporter with an axe to grind to unfairly paint a negative perception.

but in all fairness to the reporter i would have also liked to have seen it on campus, it would've been different more fan oriented, better atmosphere (i'm sure they could arrange some type of tailgating area), and we wouldn't have to pay the glazer's any money.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  289

Can anyone post a list of awards that the USF Oracle has won within the past five years?

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

it beat out Charmin and Angelsoft for content in 2003/04

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Embarassing?

I think Mr. Camunas may be the first recipient of the Brett McMurphy Endowed Journalism Scholarship at USF.

Wow...good point.  You suppose this guy will be a marked man on campus?  That's a little over the top.

This guy would have been run off campus had he been around during the early - mid 90's.  I remember a female writer for the Oracle wrote a story after the Chucky Atkins free throw miss in the NIT quarters, that would have won the game, saying her grandmother could have made that shot, etc.

Well a month and a half later at her graduation, she was booed off the stage when her name was read.  Several student groups remembered her, and they showed their disgust for her slamming one of USF most beloved athletes of all time.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,267

Guy seems to have hit the nail on the head to me.  The game was an  embaressment.  Ask Mike Hobbie, i'm sure he would agree since he was forced to resign the day after the game.  Sorry Bien, I know he is your Kemo Sabe, but he was worthless, and someone with some power at USF thought the same and got rid of him.  So this kid can't be too far off base than can he?  

If you don't think that spring game was an embarressment, then you must have not been paying attention.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Actually, the Oracle writer hit the nail on the head.  Sorry for you fans with the green and gold colored glasses, but the spring game was an embarrassment.  I am as big as a fan as anyone, but I can view the situation from an outsiders perspective, and this spring game was a stinker.

Back in my days at USF, a few of us renegades used the Oracle to put the student government through the meat grinder.  That was fun stuff and we got a few peoples' panties bound up in a wad.  This guy is just attacking the most visible subject matter currently on campus.  A good journalist knows that you do not go after the BMOC unless you have some facts, and the poor play of the team gives him all the evidence he needs.

The offense was offensive.  You are not going to sell season tickets when your demo product is that bad.  

They should have put this event on campus.  Just the amount of electricity wasted on "3,800 people" should have the USF financial auditors complaining about wasting valuable monetary resources.

Of course, the beer-swilling crowd will yap about the "tailgating" and beer drinking at RJS.  Do any of you even watch the game, or you more concerned about how much alcohol you can consume?  I go to football games for football.  If I want to get drunk, I will go to Ybor City, some beach bar in St. Pete, or my local sports bar.  The product displayed on the field Saturday barely registered as football, so maybe large quantities of alcohol were required for this event.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  76

what did you expect we had pj and severino qb'ing with last minute thrown together o-lines, did you expect them to somehow turn into elway and montana. you knew it was going to be ugly.

but i agree it should've been on campus, however i doubt it would've been televised if that was the case.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we are too sensitive

nothing wrong with criticism

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Of course, the beer-swilling crowd will yap about the "tailgating" and beer drinking at RJS.  Do any of you even watch the game, or you more concerned about how much alcohol you can consume?  I go to football games for football.  If I want to get drunk, I will go to Ybor City, some beach bar in St. Pete, or my local sports bar.  The product displayed on the field Saturday barely registered as football, so maybe large quantities of alcohol were required for this event.

Actually, the alchohol is required for those who wish to think of it as a "big time" event.

I think the Oracle article took things a couple of steps too far, but I"m not sure the game needed to be played at RJS.