• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McMurray to Explore NBA Draft Prospects

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  707
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Actually, he was included with the 2015's which I guess was wrong because he never showed up on the roster like Thorpe did.

I was being sincere, every time I have found good recruiting info it's already been posted. More often than not it has more info than I initially come across so it's a great reference. 

And as far as he goes, word of his mid season transfer didn't excite me  too much either.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

13 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

I was being sincere, every time I have found good recruiting info it's already been posted. More often than not it has more info than I initially come across so it's a great reference. 

And as far as he goes, word of his mid season transfer didn't excite me  too much either.

Mid season transfers always kind of bother me because it looks like you're quitting on your current team, although I understand the reasoning at times ...

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Mid season transfers always kind of bother me because it looks like you're quitting on your current team, although I understand the reasoning at times ...

I feel the same, it makes me wary of loyalty and convictions. I guess we shall see, and we will see how our lineup does without him at the beginning of the season.

2 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

I feel the same, it makes me wary of loyalty and convictions. I guess we shall see, and we will see how our lineup does without him at the beginning of the season.

Looks like we've got an open slot now for your OSU transfer ......

• Upvote 1

I'm gone a half hour and this happens!? Reading up on it now, I'll be back more informed

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  2

52 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Looks like we've got an open slot now for your OSU transfer ......

In the end you were right! Hopefully we can get one of the 3 Ohio state transfers, but I trust whatever Antigua chooses to do.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

This is a none story... there are tons of players doing this now because of the new rule that allows them to attend assess their NBA chances and also see where they need to improve their games.  As long as he doesn't hire an agent he's straight.  No sign he's going anyplace. This is what happens when you get really good players and as long as OA is here, get use to it.  He's not the last guy that will do this.  But no chance he leaves yet.

On 3/28/2016 at 10:40 AM, Brad said:

USF ATHLETICS 

GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Web Link: http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=210839889

McMurray to Explore NBA Draft Prospects

TAMPA, MARCH 28, 2016  USF freshman Jahmal McMurray has exercised his option to explore his NBA Draft prospects under a new NCAA rule that allows student-athletes to return to collegiate competition if they withdraw before a certain date.

“I’m excited to be having this conversation regarding Jahmal or any of our players,” said USF head coach Orlando Antigua. “It speaks to the caliber of players that we are attracting to USF and their development while they are here. Jahmal really developed and grew throughout the season and we are happy he has the ability to explore his options under the new NCAA rules. He won’t sign with an agent, but he will get the opportunity to have an NBA evaluation both on his current skill level and areas to develop in the future.”

The NCAA passed legislation starting in 2016 that allows prospects to attend the NBA combine and go through one workout with each NBA team, if requested, before making their decision. This year, the NBA Draft combine runs from May 11-15 in Chicago, so the early-entry date for players to withdraw their names or stay in the Draft will be May 25. If players withdraw before May 25 and do no hire an agent, they may return to collegiate competition. Student-athletes can enter the NBA draft multiple times without jeopardizing eligibility and may participate in the combine and one tryout per NBA team, per year.

McMurray, a guard from Topeka, Kan., ranked sixth in the American Athletic Conference with 15.2 points per game and was named to the conference’s All-Rookie Team. He had one of the best freshman seasons in school history and saw his scoring average rise to 17.0 points per game during conference play, the second-most in the league. McMurray either led or tied for the team lead in scoring in 15 of the Bulls’ 33 games.

Bump

May 25th...that's a long wait

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

28 minutes ago, JoshuaG said:

May 25th...that's a long wait

At least I know when to check back and find some current news.

• Upvote 1