• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting read

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

Was their attendance butts in seats or announced?  Considering everyone else uses announced...

you beat me to it

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

http://nmstatesports.com/news/2015/9/13/FB_0913152808.aspx

Couldn't tell you. The announced attendance was 27k for New Mexico State vs. Georgia State, 22k for USF-Memphis.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

They actually had 27k attendance  (their oc stadium holds 30k), and 17k in their 2 home games this year. This is a Sun Belt team who has done nothing but lose for the past 50 years. Currently on a 14 game losing streak, and yet they are able to do better than us in attendance in some cases. Sounds like they at least have a watchable offense....they score more than 17 at least. We had 14k at our previous game, and that was against one of the better teams in our conference. No way Harlan can afford to keep Taggart too much longer. We may see an attendance of under 10k this season. I wonder if we can afford the likes of Doug Meacham. He will definitely be in demand, and we probably couldn't afford him. 

They run some version of the triple option out of the pistol. Think Air Force.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,047
  • Days Won:  11

http://nmstatesports.com/news/2015/9/13/FB_0913152808.aspx

Couldn't tell you. The announced attendance was 27k for New Mexico State vs. Georgia State, 22k for USF-Memphis.

that was there home opener...our home opener we had announced of 30434..

that was there home opener...our home opener we had announced of 30434..

Not only that, but the article said they had a program getting businesses to buy blocks of tickets... so I am willing to bet that is tickets distributed.

Plus their 2nd game was Texas-El Paso... and El Paso is less than 2 hours from Las Cruces -- so you have to think quite a few Miner fans made the trip up I-10.

This is where we are headed if we don't pull the nose up on this thing.  Obscurity.

Feel this way about mens hoops, too, except for the rare occasional post season appearance.

I hate to say this, but there is no way USF reaches that level of obscurity... did you see the part about 300 FBS prospects in Florida... and FOUR in New Mexico ?? 

Heck, right now - TODAY - USF has the players to compete for the AAC Championship... (well, maybe except for QB - and I put that as a maybe because we haven't really seen what he can do in a balanced offense).  USF is failing this year because of coaching, plain and simple.

The right offensive coaches will - at the VERY LEAST - bring USF back to the minimum of where it was: fair to middlin
'

USF (and begrudginly UCF) have the opportunity to move into a Big Five in Florida because of the athletes we have in High School here.  With the right coaching staffs, UCF and USF should battle for the East Division title every season.

Taggart is not the right coach for that... I am hopeful that Harlan will see that very soon.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

I hate to say this, but there is no way USF reaches that level of obscurity... did you see the part about 300 FBS prospects in Florida... and FOUR in New Mexico ?? 
Heck, right now - TODAY - USF has the players to compete for the AAC Championship... (well, maybe except for QB - and I put that as a maybe because we haven't really seen what he can do in a balanced offense).  USF is failing this year because of coaching, plain and simple.

The right offensive coaches will - at the VERY LEAST - bring USF back to the minimum of where it was: fair to middlin
'

USF (and begrudginly UCF) have the opportunity to move into a Big Five in Florida because of the athletes we have in High School here.  With the right coaching staffs, UCF and USF should battle for the East Division title every season.

Taggart is not the right coach for that... I am hopeful that Harlan will see that very soon.

We may never be as abscure as them, but I wonder if our athletic program i bleeding money about the same  as their's. They have their own stadium, we pay whatever it is we pay to rent Ray Jay.Both have  paltry attendance numbers. They get the big pay-outs from Ole Miss, Florida,etc..no sure how that compares to ours

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

We may never be as abscure as them, but I wonder if our athletic program i bleeding money about the same  as their's. They have their own stadium, we pay whatever it is we pay to rent Ray Jay.Both have  paltry attendance numbers. They get the big pay-outs from Ole Miss, Florida,etc..no sure how that compares to ours

Pretty sure it's actually cheaper to rent like we are now than financing/maintaining our own stadium and our conference tv money has to be better their payout money.

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure it's actually cheaper to rent like we are now than financing/maintaining our own stadium and our conference tv money has to be better their payout money.

This.