• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jimmy Bayes- 40 lbs added

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

He had to have added at least 20 lbs of fat as well. There's no possible way he gained 40 lbs of muscle in a year, naturally.

growth spurt plus the right nutrition program and you never know.  maybe when he was in high school and living at home  he wasn't eating the right things to help his muscles grow.  it is possible.  don't discredit the kid because you wouldn't be able to do it.  he is 6'3".  he has the frame to easily hold 225 lbs without much fat.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

He had to have added at least 20 lbs of fat as well. There's no possible way he gained 40 lbs of muscle in a year, naturally.

He didn't put on 40 pounds.  He can naturally put on 20-30 pounds in the year and half.  I see guys do it all of the time.  His test and growth hormone levels are likely high because of his genetics and the fact he's about to exit puberty and has seen a big dietary change where he's getting unlimited calories through fat and protein.  Now the entire amount won't be muscle because it is impossible to not accumulate some fat while putting on muscle... (unless you already have high fat levels then you're just fat... so it's not important).  He's likely grown in height too... From the pics I've seen of him, he put on good weight.  The measure is how well he moves with it and I think that's what last year was about.  He weighed 225 last season during his redshirt... I'm sure that wasn't all good weight but in a good S&C program that can be corrected.  

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628

I could be wrong, but I thought he WAS brought in to be a LB from the beginning. I thought he just played WR/DB with a little LB mixed in at the end of his high school career?

http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/90319-jimmy-bayes-2014-athlete-immokalee/page-1?hl=jimmy

Most of the responses at the end of the thread seem to indicate OLB 

Edited by NinjaPenguin777
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

I could be wrong, but I thought he WAS brought in to be a LB from the beginning. I thought he just played WR/DB with a little LB mixed in at the end of his high school career?

http://www.thebullspen.com/topic/90319-jimmy-bayes-2014-athlete-immokalee/page-1?hl=jimmy

Most of the responses at the end of the thread seem to indicate OLB 

you are correct

• Content Count:  32

His high school career he strictly played DE/OLB..

• Content Count:  1,628

His high school career he strictly played DE/OLB..

http://www.scout.com/player/156379-jimmy-bayes/videos/1206846?year=2015&s=73

Video says WR/DE and he catches passes as a WR.....