• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Sam Diaz"??????

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

How the **** do you get a recruiting violation by what a fan says to recruits? Next thing you know rival fans will be posing as other fans and posting on Facebooks to get that team sanctions. Let's be realistic here and step it down a notch on the hyperbole. There are embarrassing people every where, online and at games. Nothing you can really do about it. The recruits clearly love the attention or they'd delete him off their Facebook.

+1

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

Wow - that's pretty bad.

I figured my Knights would have a field day with this but there are screenshots all over a national quasi-sports forum now.

And cmhatter - if your name is C Hatter and you are on facebook it looks like your on at least one of the screenshots - not on a recruits page though - they were laughing how Sammy called Holtz the worst hire ever and 2 days later was bragging about their next hall of famer

Funny stuff and only bad for 1 deserving person (cmon dude you have GOT to know

better) - unless it becomes an NCAA thing - but I don't know if it really could unless USF knew and encouraged or did nothing to stop it...you should be fine

not entirely sure what you are talking about, yeah i have a facebook

on top of that... as soon as someone told diaz that he may be violating rules he removed his comments

Wow - that's pretty bad.

I figured my Knights would have a field day with this but there are screenshots all over a national quasi-sports forum now.

And cmhatter - if your name is C Hatter and you are on facebook it looks like your on at least one of the screenshots - not on a recruits page though - they were laughing how Sammy called Holtz the worst hire ever and 2 days later was bragging about their next hall of famer

Funny stuff and only bad for 1 deserving person (cmon dude you have GOT to know

better) - unless it becomes an NCAA thing - but I don't know if it really could unless USF knew and encouraged or did nothing to stop it...you should be fine

this is also a lot more common than people may think. Check out ace sanders fb... It is flooded with comments from gamecocks.

Carnes fb is flooded with Nebraska fans.

Godfrey has posts from UCF fans.

It is extremely common... I don't have a prob with a fan saying "hey godfrey, you should come to USF". It only becomes a problem when people are constantly trolling a recruits facebook badgering them to go to a certain school.

Carnes' profile was filled with usf fans and nu fans bickering back and forth.

• Content Count:  578

That article basically said it's impossible to police and even top-tier universities like Penn State have people admitting it in print, but haven't self-reported. Then one of the first questions they said they'll ask, is did the university ask/persuade said individual to leave these remarks. Again, sounds impossible to prove and would open up a huge can of worms. You'll literally have rival fans donating to other schools to be considered a booster just to get violations levied against them, lol. And where do you stop? Do you monitor YouTube highlight video comments and online newspaper report comments. Hopefully this guy gets reprimanded from his job or the university contacts him to tell him his donations are no longer welcome, but I can't believe we'll end up being the first university to get violations over this. Unless this has happened since, that article said it has never happened up until that point and "the NCAA understands how difficult this can be, and everyone's pretty reasonable when these things arise."

• Content Count:  13

Wow, had the last post deleted so let me say it again in case anyone else wants to be stupid here.  What this guy is doing IS a recruiting violation and he has over 30 posts on at least ten different potential recruits.  Learn the rules people, you can get busted for this stuff and considering that the NCAA loves to go after the non traditional schools, don't think it could not happen.

• Content Count:  24

casual hey dude come to usf or whatever...not a novel...thats annoying and lame IMO>

• Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Has anyone considered this could be an idiot from a competiting school, TRYING to get USF in trouble, or at the very least, making us look bush league?

• Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Has anyone considered this could be an idiot from a competiting school, TRYING to get USF in trouble, or at the very least, making us look bush league?

I think your giving him too much credit. He would have to be a hell of an actor, to act that dumb. On Scout today he edited a post and changed the facts like 5 times and by the end of it he was crying and promising he would never post there again. I think he's just a lonely guy.

• Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I haven't seen any posts.  Hopefully he's not a USF alum/student, trying to "help".  These kids may like attention while being recruited...but not idiotic stuff.

Archived