• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why Do the Mods Move Threads?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

So my thread below was moved - Whoever the mods are doing this need to stop being pissy.  The main board police are out of control, don't bury my thread in a 21 page thread because you feel that it is somewhat related to a thread that started three days ago.  

For all of those happy for ucf need to wake up.  Ucf is a disease for us.  There is NO good reason to root for them in any capacity, EVER.  

The reasons I have heard to root for them are short cited at best:

1.  It improves the conference perception - No, not in any meaningful way.  It only separates ucf from usf in perception.  Not ESPN, Fox, or any other network is going to pay the AAC big dollars because the AAC beats a top 10 team in a bowl game most years.  Plus, why do we care so much about conference perception when EVERY team in the conference is actively hoping to get out?  

2.  Them being good helps us when we beat them in the regular season - No, it does not.  No G5 team will ever make the top 4; thus, us beating a top 10 ucf team vs beating a winless ucf team is the same.  So, root for winless ucf seasons every year.

3.  If expansion happens, we are a package deal - This is a ridiculous mental gamble.  There is absolutely no guarantee that IF expansion occurs that USF and ucf will go together.  The BE is gone and we have been in the AAC together for five years now.  In those five years, ucf has won three conference championships and two BCS/NY6 bowl games against top 10 teams.  That is a ridiculous record and I hate that so many fans hitch our wagons to them.  I don't pretend to know all of the ins and outs of expansion, but looking at results alone, they appear to be a more attractive product and cover the same Florida area that we do.    

The time is now, if we can not step it up the next few years, they will pass us in every measurable that matters.    

In short, stop all the ucf love, it only hurts us, wake up!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

Moved to the thread on the American board where this has been discussed for days, with a lot of those same sentiments. Don't be a "look at me" baby ...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2