• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I like the new men's basketball team!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Still a lot of season left to play. AAC is going to be tough. I will go out and say that the AAC will be tougher than what our BIG EAST schedule was the past few years. So I am watching this team but will exercise caution. Not saying that we are bad, I believe we are better team than last season. We will see if this team has something special during AAC play like the team we had a few seasons ago. 

No... Just no. I say no, because the Big East was always considered one of the toughest, if not the toughest conference in the nation year in, and year out..

Remember that our BIG EAST schedule was considered weak a few seasons ago because it was unbalanced due to so many teams. Each team didnt play each other twice like the AAC will now have. UCONN, PITT, and NOVA were down that season. We played both Pitt and NOVA twice that season I believe. The AAC will have USF facing two games against UL, two games against UCONN. two against Cincy, two against Memphis. You get the idea. Will help our strength of schedule but it will be very tough.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

I really dont mind the strong strenth of schedule.  If we can even get one win from Louisville or Memphis, it will stick out as a high quality win and come tourney time that matters.   Just avoid the bad losses and pick up a couple good wins and you ussually get in.  Its the exact formula this team had last time when they made it.   These games against Bowling Green and such always scare me because a loss to them can be catastrophic later on.