• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We Comin' (UM Game Smack Thread)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  121
  • Days Won:  0

So in one post we're just a bunch of bandwagon fans, then in another post we don't even show up when we win championships. Got it.

Kinda similar to USF filling the place in 2007, then closing upper decks six years later.

Pot, meet kettle.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Really? Now list USF's attendance, along with the number of alumni and students. Can't believe you people would bring up this topic.

You keep trying to say that UM is on a different level than USF but then come back and want to compare attendance. If we're so much lower than your high and mighty Canes why should we have comparable attendance?

So in one post we're just a bunch of bandwagon fans, then in another post we don't even show up when we win championships. Got it.

Kinda similar to USF filling the place in 2007, then closing upper decks six years later.

Pot, meet kettle.

I'm sorry... I missed where the only upper deck that has been open since 2007 was closed.... could you point that out? I'd love that because it would help fill the lower bowl and give a better atmosphere.

Patiently waiting.... 

Really? Now list USF's attendance, along with the number of alumni and students. Can't believe you people would bring up this topic.

You keep trying to say that UM is on a different level than USF but then come back and want to compare attendance. If we're so much lower than your high and mighty Canes why should we have comparable attendance?

Because you only want alums and students to attend, and you have 300,000 compared to our 90,000.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  280
  • Days Won:  1

Miami talking about somone else's attendance is extremely amusing. Even with all of the wins from 88 to 07, they averaged over 60K twice.

UM attendance is pathetic! attendance with w-l record:

88  (53K  11-1)

89  (51K  11-1)

90  (62K  10-2)

91  (58K  12-0)

92  (56K  11-1)

93  (48K  9-3)

94  (60K  10-2)

95  (38K  8-3)

96  (42K  9-3)

97  (29K  5-6)

98  (43K  9-3)

99  (40K  9-4)

00  (58K  11-1)

01  (46K  12-0)

02  (70K  12-1)

03  (58K  11-2)

04  (59K  9-3)

05  (45K  9-3)

06  (42K  7-6)

07  (44K  5-7)

Well those numbers are actually HUGE, when you consider that UM has roughly 15,000 students, and the campus is about the size of the SunDome parking lot.

I'm all for supporting your favorite team, but what sickens me UM bandwaggoners is the obnoxiousness from people who didn't even go to the college! 

You want to support an educational institution you never attended, that's great. A little weird considering it's COLLEGE FOOTBALL, but live and let live.

But I don't want to smell your bad breath at an athletics event, when I'm there cheering for my alma matter and fellow students, and you're..... wearing a tshirt from a college you never attended

If you actually attended UM, good on you, go nuts. If you didn't go to UM (which 90% of the people we'll get to meet on Saturday fall into this category), have the common sense to understand the context of what's actually going on there, and show a little courtesy

I know it's asking WAY too much considering we're talking about UM here, but it's appreciated

Pot, meet kettle.

I'm sorry... I missed where the only upper deck that has been open since 2007 was closed.... could you point that out? I'd love that because it would help fill the lower bowl and give a better atmosphere.

Patiently waiting....

Semantics. You have filled the place, but choose to not open the whole stadium because of a lack of interest. If the 67K who showed up for WVU weren't bandwagon fans, you would sell tickets in the whole place.

Because you only want alums and students to attend, and you have 300,000 compared to our 90,000.

You're missing the point.... which was that your non alum fanbase are usually 80 - 85% uneducated drunk idiots who more often than not forget to bathe on a consistent basis. No one with more than two brain cells (we have our idiots too <Cough> Bubba <cough>) is saying you can't or shouldn't have a non alum fanbase.... it's the conduct and hygene habits of that fanbase that get UM into trouble... also the fact that they like to dress as orange seats when your team isn't winning.

Look... USF got royally screwed by Skippy in so many ways that we're still just figuring it all out. That said we've been playing football for less than 20 years so we haven't had the chance to build a solid base yet. We're competing with decades of kids growing up FSU, UF or UM fans... it takes time.

Pot, meet kettle.

Patiently waiting....

Semantics. You have filled the place, but choose to not open the whole stadium because of a lack of interest. If the 67K who showed up for WVU weren't bandwagon fans, you would sell tickets in the whole place.

That was one game and it was the only sell out we've ever had in our history. Under normal situations the east 300's are maybe half full plus 3 sections for the students.... the west 300's are only usually open if UM, FSU, UCF or a top 10 ranked team are in town (See Kansas 2008)... outside of that the west 3rd level is never open. Maybe you should dial back your expectations for a 15yr old program?