• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My take on the season so far.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The way to mask the offensive line issues is to hit some quick slants, screens, ect. Our QB apparently can't do that and the coaches don't have confidence in him (them) to do so. Hit some quick plays and suddenly the defense backs off.

I am not nearly as depressed as I was after the McNeese game. I don't think Eveld is the answer. I would have liked to see more of Bench, not enough there to evaluate him on. Giving him 1 series make me think that CWT is out of his league right now... like the pressure from the fans caused him to just throw him on the field just to say that he played. I saw in another thread, and I agree, I don't think Floyd is done. Wonder how they will look in practice this week and if CWT would give him another chance. I still think that if Davis goes all out for that 2nd deep ball in the first game, he maybe makes that catch for a TD and the whole story of Floyd is a different one.

Eveld is a game-manager at best, but, he is certainly not going to win many games for us.

I wanted to see more of Bench myself, but unless we know the real reasons of why he didn't see more action I would not say Taggart is out of his league.

I believe the series right after Bench was in we were backed up sort of deep in our own territory. In a game where you are backed up deep in our own territory against a top 10 defense in a big, 70,000 stadium, it is not really the situation I want an inexperienced QB that has limited knowledge of the playbook and is probably nervous as hell seeing his first action of the season.

If he had been in there for a few more series and was comfortable I would say play him, but not there.

Why he didn't play more series is a good question, but there must have been a reason.