• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Russell Westbrook Out Indefinitely

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,370
  • Days Won:  0

It really doesn't. The Thunder were a better team last season than they are this season and we saw what happened last year. And the Heat are much better this year, so yeah...

I am a little worried about Wade, though.

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

I don't care how good the team I root for is i never talk like we have it locked until you do

Must be Miami "fans"

There are certainly a lot of fake, bandwagon Heat fans and they're revolting. However, there are also a lot of Heat fans (such as myself) that were still fans during the 15-win season and 20s-wins seasons in the beginning of the 2000s, suffered through the agonizing playoff defeats in the late-90s, and actually know who Harold Miner and Glen Rice are. I'm also a Dolphins and Marlins fan, even with their relative lack of success for a while.

And no, the Heat don't have this locked up, and I don't take anything for granted. I made the mistake of thinking they had it in the bag in 2011 but they ended up losing to the Mavs. It's just the fact that they're much better all around, coupled with other teams' best players dropping like flies, that makes it seem more and more likely. There's going to be teams that will beat the Heat in some games during the playoffs...it's just that they have to beat them four times that makes it such a daunting task.

I do predict the Heat will play the Pacers in the Eastern Conference Finals (I think the Pacers will beat the Knicks...) and that's going to be a better series than whatever team the West fields.

Bruce! How have you been man? I knew I could find you with a good pseudo-troll Miami thread.

That said, I really don't remember any NBA post season being this black and white.

I don't care how good the team I root for is i never talk like we have it locked until you do

Must be Miami "fans"

There are certainly a lot of fake, bandwagon Heat fans and they're revolting. However, there are also a lot of Heat fans (such as myself) that were still fans during the 15-win season and 20s-wins seasons in the beginning of the 2000s, suffered through the agonizing playoff defeats in the late-90s, and actually know who Harold Miner and Glen Rice are. I'm also a Dolphins and Marlins fan, even with their relative lack of success for a while.

And no, the Heat don't have this locked up...

But do you remember Rony Seikaly, Bimbo Coles, Jamal Mashburn and Vashon Leonard?

You lost me on that last part. I know "that's why they play the game", but who is going to take 4/7 from Miami? As long as LeBron is healthy, I don't see it.

And no, the Heat don't have this locked up...

But do you remember Rony Seikaly, Bimbo Coles, Jamal Mashburn and Vashon Leonard?

You lost me on that last part. I know "that's why they play the game", but who is going to take 4/7 from Miami? As long as LeBron is healthy, I don't see it.

Yes, of course. And Thunder Dan Majerle, PJ Brown, Brian Grant, Bruce Bowen, James Posey, Keith Askins, Steve Smith...

What I meant by the last part is their likelihood of winning is about as high as it gets, but even so, nothing is an absolute certainty. And that's what I said too: Who's going to be able to beat the Heat four games out of seven?

Edited by tamiamibull05

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the heat are clearly the best team

lebron clearly the best player who is grossly underpaid

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,084
  • Days Won:  2

Bruce! How have you been man? I knew I could find you with a good pseudo-troll Miami thread.

That said, I really don't remember any NBA post season being this black and white.

Must be Miami "fans"

It's very black and white but I can remember every year in Jordan's prime it being black and white